1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Maps Api License For Business

Discussion in 'Google API' started by MediaMonty, Jan 25, 2013.

Hello,

Looking to get some information on the Google Maps API License for business and how it works. I'd figure some of you might have experience with it. I have a script on my website. It's a website for a restaurant that does delivery. What the script does is when a customer orders delivery, he/she has put a delivery address. If address is outside of delivery range of restaurant, it does not let customer checkout and customer gets a message saying that he's outside of delivery range.

So the script gets information from Google Maps. I've heard from several programmers that I would need to get a Google Maps API license for business. This is because one ip address can only send 2500 requests a day to Google Maps. Anything more than 2500 requests requires a license or so that's what I'm told. If I don't have a license, my script would stop working and I'll get an error message.

So if anybody has experience using the Google Maps API Business license, do you know if I need it? How does it cost and who do I contact to get it? I tried contacting Google Maps and requesting a Google Maps sales rep to contact me, but so far they haven't contacted me yet.

MediaMonty, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you make a strategy if you want to show maps for free. For example the static maps are free and you can make as many requests as needed. And you can put a lightbox, in case the static map is clicked the dynamic one loads in the lightbox.
    Also, in most cases if you have the coords, I think you are not limited that much. Not quite sure about the last point though

ludwig, Feb 3, 2013 IP