1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Launches Update Targeting Webspam In Search Results

Discussion in 'Google' started by jackPeterson, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Jake the rake

Jake the rake Peon

Best Answers:
    Please try to Live in a Google Free Zone. I wont even allow Google near my computer starting May 1, 2012. Completely free and out of their clutches.

Jake the rake, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  2. Jake the rake

Jake the rake Peon

Best Answers:
    All that Google Analytics data gets sucked into Google's alogrithms and you get ranked worse than before. Keep doing it and keep pumping your armpits

3. Jake the rake

Jake the rake Peon

Best Answers:
    I closed my Google Analytics account 1 year ago and today those sites are doing very well. Have you stopped taking Google's serum yet?

4. husla3x

husla3x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Every year or every other year google does something that basically pisses on all the work you do between spurts. I build a excellent blog where I post original content 1-2 a day and 3 years in google decides I am a spam blog never mind the comments and interactions, nevermind the fact that all content is original and relevant for everyday for 3 years. OK hurt and ruined, get over it start a new thing and pay attention to every whiney madeup rule google makes and try uber hard to do nothing wrong, goes great.... for a year or so until google decides some new made up crap. Hurt, ruined again......

Start over and take pain to insure that nothing even remotely wrong is going on and then this update decides this 18 months worth of work is wasted also.... I may be done because How can you have faith that hard work will pay off? You have to use adwords aparently because doing good in serps for free is obviously unwritten in the google TOS. This is crazy, again and again. I hate that they are allowed to change the rules of the game in the middle of the game.

husla3x, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  5. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    My best advice to you folks is stop feeding the machine..help other search engines gain some traction. We all want changes in how google treats those who gave it its power in the first place, well stop feeding it. Yeah it's the biggest and it has the most traffic...but it is us the webmaster that makes that claim possible. Together we could do exactly the same for someone else..at the end of the day it's a money game. Google owns both the search and ad delivery market to a point where many call it a downright monopoly. So instead of having to fight for your business they dictate your business to you, I can't possibly be the only person on earth that has an issue with this. Let bing or yahoo show a spike in usage over any quarter of any year and I guarantee you google starts to re-examine itself.

cinema, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  6. ecapsnet

ecapsnet Member

Best Answers:
    Google Penguin Update : Advice, Recovery & Tips
    [h=1]Google Penguin Update : Advice, Recovery & Tips[/h] On 24th April 2012, Google launched Penguin update which was about Google search results and specially launch to punish the website owners or SEO people who are violating Google’s Guidelines, and busy with cloaking or keyword stuffing. Google Inc. also confirms that Penguin update is live now.
    To check whether your traffic is hit, login to Analytic and reporting tools and look for search related traffic, compare with previous week and now, if you see there is a difference, you are probably hit by Penguin update. If there is no change, then relax.
    [h=2]How to recover?[/h] Since the focus of the update was to target spam, just remove the spam your website have. Might be you have received an email / notification / message about your involvement in spamming by Google webmaster Central. Rectify the things which is flagged by Google, if there is nothing and you are sure that your website is hit by Penguin then do correct which is like spam.

Might be you feel like Penguin caught you for spamming incorrectly, there is a form available Penguin Feedback form and you can also send feedback through Google’s Webmaster forum.

ecapsnet, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  7. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have anyone with really quality site tried to submit a feedback here: docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEVxdmdRWFJRTjRoLWZVTHZkaTBQbkE6MQ

Any positive/negative results?

Hah, for a search of one of my domain names, on first place comes a site consisting of few pages and almost no content(even not related) - maybe a 0.1% of the content of my site which is highly related...

abraxas, May 2, 2012 IP
  8. petyard

petyard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I hear you..is exactly what happens to me every update..from now on, I will build as many links as possible and try to rank on yahoo and bing...F**K you google and your retarded rules!

petyard, May 2, 2012 IP
  9. merino

merino Peon

Best Answers:
    This new Google algo is not related to webspam and I can prove it. Only one example, please, I would like comments from any SEO expert who could be reading this:

- https://www.google.es/search?q=Memoria+USB+Steampunk

(Sorry, is an spanish language search but what you find is curious)

If you look closely, you'll find that there's two results with the same site and same content, even this duplicated content is shown clearly in the SERP as an excerpt: www.taring ... and uol.taring ...

Just one URL, two subdomains and same content: webspam.

If you go deeper to SERP page 2 you find again: web1.taring ...

This is one URL, 3 subdomains and exactly same content: webspam triplet in page 1 and 2.

This is not something occasional. If you search for any spanish word/phrase that you might know, you'll find the same site of above spaming here and there in result pages 1 and 2. Most of the content in this site is copy&paste from other sites (easy to find out) or almost no content at all and even in this case hits the first place in SERPS.

Somebody could question himself: does Google Penguin simply not work? is this somebody paying money to make this possible? is Google making things easier to Facebook next search engine for an unknown reason?

Anyway, if some sites seems to be penalized due to webspam while others don't, this mean that the real penalization is not really related to 'webspam'. Or maybe one of the above questions has 'yes' as answer.

merino, May 4, 2012 IP
  10. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    will BING Yahoo or some other SE step up to the plate so we are not at Googles mercy and whims?

templates, May 4, 2012 IP
  11. jonathon

jonathon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can believe that! and google selling your site data too.

jonathon, May 5, 2012 IP
  12. dimoch

dimoch Banned

Best Answers:
    hahhahahaahhahahahahah

dimoch, May 5, 2012 IP