1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google latest 28/09/2012-EMD low Quality Algo update- What next?How to recover back?

Discussion in 'Google' started by vistha82, Oct 1, 2012.

hi all,

Is your website hit by latest google algo change then please share here.What steps you have plan to take to recover back?

we hit badly by this low quality EMD algo update.

Our site is EMD but it is no way low quality site.All the articles are written by professional writers and all copyscape passed.100 % unique.

My earnings were $100/day and after this update it is just $9/day.

Can anyone suggest how to recover back from this update?What SEO work shall we do or what changes shall we do on our sites?
    or shall we just start work on new domain and leave this website.we are shocked like other webmasters and just dont know what to do now.

SEO Help Please to recover from this worst and unnecessary EMD update!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    vistha82, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  2. mark1230

mark1230 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what is your website url..

mark1230, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  3. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you can recover from this. You can try an experiment - set up a different domain (non-EMD) and start moving some of the articles from the old site to the new site. My guess is that it's your EMD domain that is penalised, which means that your content is not penalised. You should be able to gradually move the content to the new site and kill the EMD eventually. Just make sure to delete and 302 the articles that you move to the new site, otherwise you'll get hit by Panda.

tankard, Oct 1, 2012 IP
    andrej likes this.
  4. mwasif84

mwasif84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i got Hit tooo but i dont understand why does my websites hit? can anyone tell how and what are baselines to avoid EMD Hit?

mwasif84, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  5. logababa

logababa Peon

Best Answers:
    logababa, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  6. vistha82

vistha82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We see it closely and find out that not all EMD's are affected.google have taken out some EMD and they say it low quality.my question is to google how do they find out low quality or high quality or do they do it randomly?

unique articles are written,unique design,1000 + FB likes,G+1 for URL,natural seo work.What else they want?

I think it is better to switch on new domain and do fresh work on it as we never know how long will it take to recover back.We see some of sites hit by penguin and panda still not recovered.

What do you all suggest?

vistha82, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  7. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can struggle to find a way back, get your "new site" bringing in a few more dollars and then ................ Google will hit you again. It's pretty obvious that Google, under whatever pretext, is trying to make Page 1 of their search results full of either so called authority sites or their own stuff, like You Tube.

Whatever stupid name Google attaches to the next "improvement" doesn't matter. The simple fact is that you need to find alternative methods of driving traffic to your websites, like facebook and so on. If you need more ideas hit the search button at the top of the page.

Eventually you can start to look upon any traffic you get from Google as a bonus instead of a necessity.

I found out just how fickle Google is a few years back when they decided without warning to totally de-index one of my sites that was happily sitting at the top of page 1 with over 1k visitors a day. I went through the usual rubbish with them, never getting an answer to my questions and simply getting automated responses from them. That was the "ah ha" moment. I now get over 1.5k visitors a day with less than 20, yes, twenty visitors from Google.

You have to face the fact that Google is more important to you than you are to Google. They just don't care about you, and to be fair, it's their site, their search engine so they can pretty much do what they want, when they want, with it. If they say, "We are getting rid of 2 million useless sites" then the non IM users of their search engine will see that as a benefit: Mr G looking out for them, so forget Google, adsense, adwords and all that stuff and find a better way to get traffic that doesn't depend on another company's whims.

PaulSch, Oct 1, 2012 IP
    ing, andrej and heshamfathi like this.
  8. mwasif84

mwasif84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you in past few months google has introduce massive change's in their algorithm and many websites hurts with these updates. And i love your suggestion that consider Google as an extra traffic source and we should work for multiple traffic sources instead of showing faith and trust on single source.

Thanks

mwasif84, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  9. cristinabrown36

cristinabrown36 Peon

Best Answers:
    just wait to see complete update and work for your as usual after complete update think about it to make it on top position.
    it may be temporary update.

cristinabrown36, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  10. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is pure, blind faith.

PaulSch, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  11. logababa

logababa Peon

Best Answers:
    Show now when buying a new daomain whats the procedure???i am cluless..?

logababa, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  12. mwasif84

mwasif84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i can understand your frustration but i recommend find a solution get back your rankings or shift any other traffic source.

mwasif84, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  13. andly

andly Active Member

Best Answers:

Totally agree with you (2nd time today :D)

andly, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  14. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how to know whether been hit by EMD or not ? is there any online tool to check ? Well, i just hope and pray my site is safe from this EMD update ....

simple007, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  15. AA_Shah

AA_Shah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In fact there is no logical pattern behind such blind hit. No definite reason just excuses. many quality sites have been hit not having anything bad or low in quality. Geeksuper.com is one of sites in our network completely DE-indexed and many others much better in quality, links and authority than geek super have been penalized.

You can see the post below just to have a look at responses webmasters have given after this ridiculous EMD update.

http://seobuzzworld.com/google-emd-update-reasons-and-responses/

If you find anything on any site to recover from it, do share over here to get out of its dark impact.

AA_Shah, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  16. the Player

the Player Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some of my sites are not EMD and non thin content but they dropped in this update. I think Matt Cutts pressed wrong button in dark, from the responses to this update its clear that this update not only hit EMD sites but also some other sites or may be the twitter message is wrong.

Anyways as there are new updates every new week from Google, this is the time to think about new traffic source

the Player, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  17. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If there is any drop in the traffic of your website and a drop in your Google rankings, then you were probably hit.

I still hope that Google will realize that they have made a mistake and things will get back to normal. However, I'm going to start a new website with no EMD and try to do SEO again from the beginning.

I have a question regarding the exact match domains - if I want to target the keyword "best cheap web hosting", would a domain bcwhosting.com be OK for my website or would it still be an EMD?

andrej, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  18. brownman

brownman Peon

Best Answers:
    Check if your link profile is good. If there are some suspicious links try to remove them and get better ones. If nothing changed send "Reconsideration request".
    It helped me with previous Google updates.

brownman, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  19. Hildiid

Hildiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Recovery is possible for EMD sites. First of all, Google make a mess of his SERP. for example if I search my keyword, there is only one big company which dominates every single pages - up to page 10 and that is not good for the "so called" user experience. I have no doubt about that this has to be improved. Secondly, there is very big loop whole for EMD issue. If you look properly the EMD site that left over, you will easily spot it.
    Good luck
    And don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    Hildiid, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  20. sniper2008

sniper2008 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Paul. Blind faith with google lol. Mine got hit too, and I do not understand, because its not a low quality site.

sniper2008, Oct 1, 2012 IP