1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google knows "Click Fraud"

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by anthonycea, Apr 10, 2005.

1. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Despite Anthony always talking abuot their being "spies" here and everything else, you have to remember that this is still a public forum (anyone can read posts without signing in). If anything really cared so much about "alerting" fraudsters to this forums presence, he would have made this post in the underground.

Webmasters frequently (and nearly always) search out their name so this post is nearly guaranteed to rank first for Swap Clicks so they are going to find it just as easy with a dead link.
    SEMrush
    If you want to disguise your links to try to hide what you are talking about, feel free and I promise not to critisize you for doing so.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    That is not the point, the fact is that we had 3 members that posted these types of threads just yesterday on this forum, do both of you who are both mad (TOPS & ysf1) and voted this thread down plus the reputations of those posting in it, want Digital Point to turn into a clearing house or exchange to bust TOS violators and do you think it is good to post live links and draw outsiders into this forum to be insulted by the members here and to do Google police work for them :confused:

anthonycea, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  3. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Don't try to cloud the issue...Say the word and I will give you a negative to prove I haven't cast a single reputation in this thread. These are my opinions and despite not agreeing with you, It doesn't mean I would give a bad rep.

To the contrary, crusader gave me one but of course it didn't count

Please refrain from making things up.

I believe one thing, you believe another and its going to stay that way. As far as whats allowed here, thats for a Moderator to post about.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you going to answer post # 62 or avoid it?

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I've voted you down now AC because you are indeed making stuff up again, generalizing even though I clearly proved otherwise and you are blowing stuff out of proportion.

Have a look at the 'bust' with Bobby 'Chemo' in it. No shit slinging, no bad stuff, all civilized and all winners. Happy webmaster who got his ass saved - didn't get his account shut by Google. HAppy advertisers and publishers since another fraud was corrected. And all without the slow Google who are more concerned about promoting the fact their staff just earns 1$.

You keep refering to the very first 'bust' yet we ALL admitted that got out of hand and none of us would do it that way again. So please stop refering that one since it doesn't represent at all what this is about.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not making up the fact that you have been acting like a 15 year old kid TOPS, that in fact is very true because you and yfs1 came in here this morning posting live links in this thread when I asked you not to.

There is no doubt in my mind that you really have some behind the curtain problems with abuse of the rep. system also.

7. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Posting live links has nothing to do with age.

I found your post bad and I've explained why. That's why I gave you bad rep. No abuse involved at all. Giving you tons of green to help you out, that was abuse. Now I've used it for the reason it was intended. At least I tell you exactly why AND leave my name. Thanks for the rep back; sorry to see you're below 10 again...

To answer the question you left in the rep comment:

You're making up that the entire Digital Point forum is turning in what you call this clearing house. I've clearly shown you the stats to prove these 5 threads have been of no statistical impact so Digital Point Forums isn't turning into any direction. You're also posting about shit slinging as if it is fact. It happened but all involved moved on. You also spread fear about the criminals seeing the traffic and live link in their stats, then log on to DP and do harm to the forum or an individual poster. Show me one instance where that happened.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well TOPS you are not showing yourself as the shining star that you like to portray yourself as, that is what members need to know about you.

Can you explain why you deliberately had yfs1 post a that live link to the Adsense cheater site in this thread when I asked you not to :confused:

Don't you think that is kind of deceitful for an upstanding member like you that harvests rep. for himself?

You are going to prove yourself right even if you have to destroy the forum aren't you TOPS?

9. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I'm not that fussed about what people think of me. Shining star or silent lurker - I'm fine either way. At least my life doesn't evolve around 24 hour forum posting.

I didn't have him do anything. In fact I don't even know which link you're on about but we both know we disgree on this. I myself indeed posted a live link the very next post after the thread starter posted an obscured link. I don't see the harm and you haven't been able to convince me it is harmful. More importantly, Shawn or another mod hasn;t asked me to stop that so to me the point is clear it's fine.

Whatever.

In well under half your postcount, I've helped at least 10 times as many people here than you have so don't even start.

Yes if I think I'm right I will prove it. That's integrity.

BTW did you notice I made an on-topic post earlier? I don't see you commenting on that...

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Why would I answer it TOPS, you nor yfs1 never bothered to answer post # 62 :eek:

11. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I did answer all of that but you refuse to read and listen.

I've answered twice re: clearing house and multiple times re: live linking.

Enough said, I'm off to bed.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    To make it simple for you TOPS here is only part of post # 62 quoted that you say you answered but never did anything but try to talk your way out of giving an answer.

"want Digital Point to turn into a clearing house or exchange to bust TOS violators and do you think it is good to post live links and draw outsiders into this forum to be insulted by the members here and to do Google police work for them"?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Whatever Anthony. I've answered that but I guess it's your stubbornness showing up again... Read your own friggin' thread. Or read with your eyes open and your mind without prejudice.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes or no would be fine TOPS.

Do you think we should be Google police and enforce ADSENSE TOS ?

Do you think it is wise to leave live links on the forum and draw in webmasters worldwide so that we can insult them ?

15. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    That would give you an excellent opportunity to misread the answer and ignore my motivation given in previous posts, but I'll give you a chance.

Silly question but the answer in short, for you understandable terms is "No". We can't enforce someone else's TOS. The least we CAN do is show people their mistakes. Show criminals they're wrong. Show them they should have read the TOS.

Silly question and the way you ask it, the answer would be "No". However it's not an honest question. If you would have asked "Do the benefits of live links to click fraud criminals outweight the possible negatives of doing so?" I would have answered yes, because it provides an excellent way to show the criminal what people think of them.

The 2nd question would have been nearly OK if you had left out the "so that we can insult them".

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Let the other members comment TOPS and get a good nights sleep, this one will be here tomorrow :eek:

You have a good night old friend :)

17. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You too buddy :)

Those reading this should indeed say what they think of it (and post good arguments alongside).

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  18. hurricane_sh

hurricane_sh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with the original post. I'm tired of reading all kinds of fraud reports, it's better to report to Google if anyone think it's necessary. In addition, I believe everyone know what they are doing, telling others not to click the ads is something like telling them to eat every day, a complete common sense.

hurricane_sh, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Anthony - Why do you keep challenging me? I told you three times in this thread that I have no intention,need or motivation to have any involvement with some sort of "Google Police"

The post you have stretched this thread in order to complain about was because I didn't star out or make up some secret code for a link when I replied. I DIDN'T POST THE LINK. I merely commented on the original question with my opinion on Googles "crackdown" in general.

Thats called discussion!

The reason I've been defending myself is I'm not going to go around disguising links and playing the secret code game. Thats my opinion and its not going to change unless a REAL moderator asks me too.

I haven't participated in any of the threads that are made to report cheaters (except the original a month ago) nor do I plan to but this is an open forum and others can do what they want as long as its within the rules.

I answered your question for a 4th time and it should be known T0PS and I haven't communicated once over this stupid thread and I haven't voted or left a single reputation. Although I may just to prove my point.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  20. ContentSiteConsultant

ContentSiteConsultant Peon

Best Answers:
    I for one am making a killing with advertising through the Adwords content network. Every time I see an Adwords advertiser pulling out of the content network because they read about click fraud I chuckle to myself.

It's like closing down your shop in New York because you saw on the news that a convenience store in California was robbed. Plus don't they know there is more click fraud in the regular search results than in the content network? Oh well, less content network competition for me!

ContentSiteConsultant, Apr 12, 2005 IP