1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google knows "Click Fraud"

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by anthonycea, Apr 10, 2005.

1. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do what you want as the other members here are your judge, if you want to act the arse be my guest.

PS: It still is silly and it makes me question your integrity TOPS and this is becoming an everyday thing.....

anthonycea, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As an Adword advertiser, I don't mind these guys pointing them out and giving them the attention of google they deserve. AC why do you want to defend these kind of people anyways?

Let the Adsense police do search and destroy if they want. It is their time, but they are actually helping adword advertiser and even helping legitimate adsense publishers by cleaning up the trash.

debunked, Apr 11, 2005 IP
    nullbit likes this.
  3. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with anthony that this forum really shouldn't be the google police. There are far more important things that could be discussed...
    Also with millions of partners, picking on one or two isn't going to make any difference at all. It's the equivalent of going under your nearest bridge to put a homeless person under citizen's arrest for littering, thinking this will help put an end to pollution. There's already forums nearly devoted to this sort of thing why clutter this great forum up with the nonsense? Way too many of them imo.

iconrate, Apr 11, 2005 IP
    nullbit likes this.
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    AC thinks it's hurting the forum... :confused: :rolleyes: But he can't show how andr the real mods don't agree with him hence letting us get on with it.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Might as well shut down General Chat as well then...

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
    nullbit likes this.
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    First of all, all that was in my post was a link to a site BLATANTLY promoting a scheme that could cost thousands of wasted revenue. I'm not the "Google Police" nor do I care to be.

Anthony seems to have no issue with posting the site as long as its not live, which to me is hypocritical.

This is merely a discussion, so no one except a moderator is going to tell me what to do.

PS. The site in question is hardly like a homeless person littering. This isn't some ignorant and naive webmaster. This is an organized webmaster putting together a network of clickers. This could potentially cost thousands if not more.

Hardly a small issue.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Get on with it TOPS, what happened to your "Google Police Forum", I would like you and Homer to start one because you will surely ruin Digital Point if left to your own wisdom :eek:

8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Why all the discussion....Anthony - Just ask Shawn to remove my post like you promised. (or use your own Moderator powers :rolleyes: )

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Why do that :confused: I want you to be seen for what you are :eek:

10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    And whats that..an independant thinker that doesn't go by the rules you try to push on others?

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think I would use a response that long :eek: :p :p

12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do what you want, most of your posts have always been off topic and of little value to discussions so I can't expect any different today :p :eek: :p :p

13. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It's Google's integrity as an honest advertisement provider we're talking about here.

I won't go after these fraudsters anymore because

1) I have pulled out of the content advertising so it doesn't directly affect me anymore

2) I have money MAKING stuff to do instead

But I still disagree with you...

End of it!

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Im not sure if that is directed at T0PS or me (nice double post by the way), but thats a pretty funny statement from you.

In fact the majority of my posts are answering questions completely on topic and I've recieved a lot of greens for giving simple to the point answers to questions in the SEO and Coop section.

Do I also engage in a lot of trivial banter? Of course which is part of what I like here.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great, but instead of contributing to the subject matter you and "Y whatever his name is" go on an ego trip about me telling you what to do.

I don't care what you guys do, if you want to pull stunts and ruin the forum and threads that is fine with me.

16. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    And you talk about my integrity...

Sounds like yuo don;t know the definition of integrity. Say with you think - and do what you say, that's the major part of it. You just showed the opposite.

You say it's fine to discuss the fraudsters but only behind thier backs. You say you will ask Shawn to remove the links but you don't actually do it... Nice one AC.

T0PS3O, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:

Don't give me that double post BS dude, when you posted a live link then removed it, if you want to act like an idiot that it fine because other members here are your judge, not me.

I have enjoyed posting along side of you in the co-op threads but if you want to continue on with what you are doing in this one I am more than willing to have a flame war with you and I think you know that.

18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Of course you do. All I did is add to the conversation about my thoughts on running content ads which was completely in keeping with the topic. You then decided to take it on this tangent.

I haven't posted in any of the specific "AdSense Police" threads since the original one. But I'm not going to go out of my way to please you on something thats a non issue.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP
  19. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Like I said, I don't care what you guys do, start all the "Google Police" threads you want, I will not come into them, but I will start threads about the "Google Police threads" :eek: :p :eek:

20. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Show me where I have started a "Google AdSense Police" thread or where I have even ben involved except the original which was just a joke (for which I apologized to Shawn over), since all of this is pointed at me for hitting the reply.

yfs1, Apr 11, 2005 IP