1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Keyword Tool is gone!

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by giorgioarmani, Oct 22, 2013.

Keyword Planner has replaced Keyword Tool
    For the planner you have to be logged in now. And you have to have an Adwords account. And you have to do a whole lot more, just to get to some sort of info that may just give you some sort of orientation...

Do we now have less insight and knowledge or more? Are we empowered or more in the dark?

Have you tested it? What do you say?

giorgioarmani, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  2. girish.raja

girish.raja Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course. Keyword Insights in a World of (not provided), which gives far less keyword-level information.

Google Launched Keyword Planner to provide insights and increase efficiency. It combines the functionality of several different tools. Get ideas and insights into related topics people search for that are related, and you may be surprised that there are enough variations for how people search on that topic that it merits its ad group.

girish.raja, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  3. Md Jahirul Islam

Md Jahirul Islam Member

Best Answers:
    My opinion regarding Google keyword planner looks good. But one thing I saw, Keyword planner always show a similar search volume either I search by "exact" or "broad" match. It seems little confused to me. Otherwise I feel it is good enough.

Md Jahirul Islam, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  4. Neeraj Thakur

Neeraj Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I tested and I feel it sound good. I like the new feature provided by Google planner tools like Local monthly searches and global monthly searches, Ad share, Search share, Extracted from webpage, Approx. CPC (Search), Local search trends etc.

Neeraj Thakur, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  5. Matt Alen

Matt Alen Member

Best Answers:
    I just love the new keyword planner,because it can be used to spy and swipe your competitor's keywords.You can find local keywords a lot faster.
    This is a wonderful tool for people looking for niche markets and other topics to blog about.
    [​IMG]

Matt Alen, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  6. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    First thing first: Are you a publisher or an advertiser?
    In my opinion, it's now better for advertisers BUT a really boring tool for Publishers.

atsad, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    malcsimm likes this.
  7. brianl67

brianl67 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you tried Keyreaper to find keywords. Excellent tool, easy to use and brings back some excellent keywords

brianl67, Nov 3, 2013 IP
    aljurians likes this.
  8. Robert Ralph

Robert Ralph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google KW Planner is next to useless for most purposes just the same as GKWT was. They only give partial results - about 10%.

They make you log in so that it's harder for a "bot" to scrape the results out of the tool. If you want to get a good list of keywords the best choice now is to use a Google suggest scraper of some sort.

I have been using Super Suggester lately and it's cheap and good. Here is a review of how to use it.

For example, using GKWP I got 600 suggestions for a kw. For the same one, I got 7000 in Super Suggester!

Robert Ralph, Nov 5, 2013 IP
  9. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, atsad. It's a rubbish tool for publishers. As Robert says above Super Suggester is a much better tool. It's also cheaper thanSECockpit which is also a Google suggest scraper but overpriced at $97 a month. Super Suggester is just a one-off fee – and a low fee at that. Rob has kindly linked to the review of Super Suggester on my blog.

The Google tool is rubbish because Google doesn't want you reverse engineering all the keywords it knows about. So it hides nearly all of them. It just gives you a few crumbs to keep you happy LOL.

So, scrape using Super Suggester (or use Scrapebox if you are hard-core) and then get volumes for the keyword terms returned.

Do this using either the Google tool – which limits you to 200 at a time – or use Market Samurai which will return up to 2000 at a time. Then sort by estimated volume, and you've got your top keywords to consider.

And you've got 10 times as many keywords as the Google tool would have given you.

The Google tool has serious limitations - but is occasionally useful as long as you understand what those are.

So, every wrong, please don't go telling people how good the Google tool is because it isn't!

If you can't afford $47 for Super Suggester then you'll just have to keep using the Google tool for free but just be aware you are only getting a small fraction of the total keywords that people are searching on.

But that'll do for a start – you will soon be in the money and able to shell out the $47 :)

Good luck!

Malc

malcsimm, Nov 5, 2013 IP