1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Keyword Ranking & Business Listing

Discussion in 'Google' started by scott2342, Oct 29, 2013.

Hey Guys,

I have two questions. I run a local business and i'm wondering how would i go about getting my website listed for specific keywords for a local area. For instance "PC repair queenstown" and a few others. I know when i search for this in google websites comes up but mine does not, what do i need to do?

Also i have listed myself for a local listing in Google places, when the search for "PC repair queenstown" Google places lists nearby companies but i am not there. I have activated the listing via the pin they sent me but yet i am not listed?

Thanks for any replies.

Scott

scott2342, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  2. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott

You have Two questions I will try to answer both.

To rank in Google organic for a keyword,
    you must have the specific keyword as heading of your website or page
    Add specific content on your website relevant to your business and keywords. But dont over do it.

Now to rank well it is Googles, question is where does your website stands. If you are popular and do things like
    Social Media, Google Adwords and your company or brand name is mentioned in location directories.
    Plus you have Industry websites that you are listed on, make sure do not create any links with the keywords or try any black hat, Only your Branding.
    Ideas like create a youtube page and provide information how to do things in your industry , and link them back to your website if they have questions.

Just do your business and Marketing to get attention not to generate links and in due time. ( this can take months )
    You will be rewarded. Factor that depends who are you competing with, how good or bad your website is, how old is your website is are also involved.

Now Google Places, ranking
    Things to get ranked well in Google Places is that the advert heading should be the target keyword you are after, you should select the location you want to target in Google places.
    Now you must ask all your clients or as many as you can to give you reviews in Google Places. These clients / accounts should be 100% genuine and they are local .
    They should give you a good star rating. the more reviews and better stats you have the better Google will rank your website in Google Places.

Please Note : Like every business takes time, every review and other marketing does take time too, don't try any thing that is fast track.
    People may guarantee you the result which I have no doubt they may be able to achieve, but that will only lead you to get Google penalties.
    Everything should happen in a slow process and the momentum should be maintained for long run.

Hope this help you...

regards

Manish
    Managing Director
    Business2Sell Team

manish_khanna, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  3. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What is your website ? How long you started your SEO work? Find out what the sites ranking on the 1st page for the keywords that you want to rank for have done, on-site and off-site, to get there.

karen9999, Oct 29, 2013 IP
  4. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How would i know what the others sites have done?

scott2342, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  5. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My website is http://www.slscomputing.co.nz/

scott2342, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  6. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    to find out what other sites are done, you can do opensiteexplorer on their links and then go through each link to identify how you can get a link their.
    Usually I use that as an advise, but if other site was moving towards a penalty by doing wrong, you will end up in the same situation.

As they say.. " Even to copy you need to be smart "

manish_khanna, Oct 31, 2013 IP