1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is showing different result when using proxy

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by neha.pandey, Sep 2, 2013.

I was collection information for keywords for my company. After a minute Google stopped saying that i have generated automated query. Than i use the identityhide proxy and i observed that the Google is showing different result as compared to what i saw in the Google.co.in

Pls clear my doubt that why search query is getting different when i m accessing Google.co.in and Google.com

neha.pandey, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  2. JyeP

JyeP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because Google.co.in will be displaying more local (Indian) based results compared to Google.com which will display global results.

JyeP, Sep 2, 2013 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's correct. Google results will change depending on your location (or perceived location).

danasurvey, Sep 2, 2013 IP
  4. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In addition, G will be personalising your search too so check you have opted out of that.

I am in the UK and do most of my KW research on Google.com. So I use a proxy to change my country of location. I use http://hidemyass.com. This changes your location to many places throughout the world. It works really well.

The free way to do for UK/USA/Ireland/Australia/Canada is to use Google Global Firefox addon. if you are doing a lot of keyword research, though, it's 2 extra clicks for every search, which is a pain. And sometimes you forget to do it so get the wrong results :(

HMA is brill :)

malcsimm, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  5. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    That’s because Google’s search results are fine-tuned to the geographic location of the searcher i.e. Google uses geo-location signals to display results.

You absolutely can turn up different search results in Google, not only in the same state or even in the same city, but also in the same OFFICE.

Also, there are literally thousands of Google servers serving up results. Google also personalizes results, so if you are logged in that may impact you. Then of course there are personalized results based on a users search history.

C.Rebecca, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  6. Debra P. Parkins

Debra P. Parkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whenever I browse on google.com after some time it automatically switch back to google.ca . what should I do ?

Debra P. Parkins, May 22, 2014 IP
  7. neha.pandey

neha.pandey Member

Best Answers:
    may be you can use private window browsing or Proxy and people suggested me.

neha.pandey, Jun 9, 2014 IP