1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is retiring Adsense Video Ads !

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by hmansfield, Apr 20, 2009.

1. metros

metros Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Isn't YouTube still using it?

metros, May 5, 2009 IP
  2. buckmajor

buckmajor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel you there bro. Thanks for the info.

buckmajor, May 6, 2009 IP
  3. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    There is an option to monetize the videos that you upload onto You Tube, but outside of that I don't think there is a separate You Tube ads for publishers. They were tied together
    Now if they had combined that, to get a cut of the ads on You Tube videos by inserting your adsense code into your You Tube account...I can see that working. Then you would get a cut of the ads that display on your embedded videos.....they still retain their functionality and are much easier to work with and embed.

I think that would have worked.
    Many times I have chosen not to embed a video because it had ads in the beginning, that I wasn't getting a cut for. That's not right.
    The same thing with Viddler. They have ads in some of their videos, but no service where webmasters to get a cut by displaying the videos (with the ads) on their website.

hmansfield, May 6, 2009 IP
  4. derbal

derbal Member

Best Answers:
    yes theystrat to fairm

derbal, May 6, 2009 IP
  5. melbel

melbel Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I only used it for a short time and it did not convert well for me at all and was a large waste of space. On the main forum page all I saw of this thread was "Google is retiring AdSense..." and my heart jumped right out of my chest for a second.

melbel, May 6, 2009 IP
  6. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great to see that happening, because that was anyway going to happen sooner or later.
    Never really tried it, but looks like a flop show from google.

Oranges, May 6, 2009 IP
  7. Shelly77

Shelly77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I never heard it to be a good business strategy for Google so I am not surprise for them to take down.

Shell77

Shelly77, May 6, 2009 IP
  8. Irfi0009

Irfi0009 Banned

Best Answers:
    So one day i was expecting this. Becaus i didnt saw video ads on any sites. It was not possible to work with video ads easily from Google. But after launching youtube i was thinking that from now on Google can make it better with video ads. But I think Google not gave much attention to this side. the only reason i found is Google didnt get any advertisers in this field. Therefore now Google decided to get rid of this bulk. But I think it is a good step of Google according to current circumstances.:cool:

Irfi0009, May 6, 2009 IP
  9. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    :eek:LOL ! Man that would rock the world wouldn't it ? No, I am pretty sure that we won't see that headline for some time.

hmansfield, May 6, 2009 IP