1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Is Really F'ing Us Now: If You Have A Website Read This!

Discussion in 'Google' started by redgsr, Dec 4, 2009.

1. doosey2

doosey2 Peon

Best Answers:
    So how do we re-tool our sites to accommodate this switch google is making?

doosey2, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. smivers.com

smivers.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It wont make any difference, your site wont notice any changes!

smivers.com, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  3. jophan

jophan Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, indeed!

I have realized that google has increased a sites ranking for one keyword to #2!
    I have checked the rankings again with a proxy and saw that this site has
    normally a ranking of #20!
    I know that I have clicked this site lately quite often but I still dont want
    this site to be shown on this #2 spot! So, is this really what we want?

jophan, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  4. sseek

sseek Peon

Best Answers:
    Am I missing something here? I understand what has been posted re: Google's customized search, but reading this from the Googleblog leads me to believe exactly what it states:

As I interpert this, a searcher won't automatically receive personalized results unless (s)he clicks the link at the top right. The personalized results can be turned off, too.

Another main concern indicated within this thread is privacy while searching. One can always use a different search engine...there are plenty of them.

sseek, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  5. moose942

moose942 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you figure if you're site has a great rank and should be on page 1, but the person searching has a personalized search based on google you're site may not show up until higher pages. It could really suck.

moose942, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    So, iow, Google is looking out for the customer and you guys aren't happy about that.

drhowarddrfine, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  7. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    No, you and everyone else receive personalized results unless you turn it off.

Give it some time :)

zingo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  8. ciidoctor

ciidoctor Peon

Best Answers:
    have a good content and don not worry.

ciidoctor, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  9. bugeye

bugeye Peon

Best Answers:
    Gotta love the continued ignorance and limited thinking ability of many in here.

The purpose of this is to eventually only show people what they have already seen many times before. Great for idiots who only ever get online to check their own preferred sites, but for anyone actually looking for answers, you will now have to search even further down the results listings to get anything original. So much for better user experience. Much like the MSM, keep giving the idiots the same thing until they think it is the only thing. The uniqueness of the net to provide independent and out-of-the-box answers and solutions will become a thing of the past.

As to all those of you who think that content is going to keep you safe, obviously you have not put much thought in at all. This has nothing to do with content, and everything to do with popularity. As anyone in high school knows, popularity does not come from unique and thoughtful minds, but from superficial and ignorant ones.

For those who are looking for an internet income, this is the equivalent of franchises and malls in that original and small shops no longer get a look in, its all to do with big chains and flashy lights.

Even if you ignore completely the SEO desires of many who want an internet income, this is only a backward move for the minds of the common man. Talk about dumbing down the masses, only give them what they think they want and no originality. <sarcasm> Long live main stream media and ignorant people!!! </sarcasm>

bugeye, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  10. LoveIzMyReligion

LoveIzMyReligion Peon

Best Answers:
    Things change. Change with them =)

LoveIzMyReligion, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  11. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say I "hate google" for this.

Maybe my site would improve from this.

As long as I can find useful information on google, I am happy, :)

Frost1, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  12. indyguidedotinfo

indyguidedotinfo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    bing is happy now!

indyguidedotinfo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  13. zingo

zingo Peon

Best Answers:
    It is in droves...

zingo, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  14. milands33

milands33 Peon

Best Answers:
    now I'm still very tired SEO manually without effect. Thanks for sharing

milands33, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  15. Ryan6

Ryan6 Peon

Best Answers:
    What is it with all this continuous Google bashing?

I don't get the whole "bad for SEO" thing. If someone carries out a unique query, for say "low rate credit cards", and then lands on your page then this will aid your vote won't it? If someone is found before you then they get the vote? Well, if they do then good on em for working better with their SEO. Doesn't mean visitors won't keep looking down the pages.

If it is such a problem then move to Bing and try and move others. If the worst happens from these new personalised results then use sites like Ezine or Twitter to receive traffic. Or use Adwords.

Just remember that Google don't owe webmasters anything, they can do as they please with their search engine. Or am I missing the point here? Please explain lol :confused:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    Ryan6, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  16. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forget about the past SEO work done on those sites which are here for a while now (5-10 years may be), but what about those new websites in the making, they won't ever get listed in higher serps due to personalized search result? No matter how hard you try, seo stuff, and how good your website is? it still wont get higher ranking, because those normal users will be shown their personalized search results, according to their web history. Wat The Heck!!

Seriously sick of this Google Monopoly!

Oranges, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  17. bugeye

bugeye Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, your missing the point. I wrote a long explanation, but decided to delete the idea since you would never understand anyway. It would have required you think more than superficially and in more than single steps.

bugeye, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  18. expo09

expo09 Member

Best Answers:
    As some have said it should make no difference for unique searches. And if someone has been on one website that fit the term they are searching for, then that will be only site that's ranking is different than it would otherwise be. Therefore it might knock your site down one place, but that's it. It's hardly gonna go from page 1 to page 100, because someones been on one competing site.

expo09, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  19. selectsplat

selectsplat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see it as necessarily a bad thing. Because people are different, they want to personalize the results by using your browsing history at Google to try to better determine what you are searching for. Their goal is to try to be innovative, and use the latest technologies to provide the best results they can.

And it's no different from what you already get from some of the biggest sites on the internet.

Amazon.com started using collaboritive filtering in 2003, where they look at the different sites that you have visited, and the other products you have clicked on, and they try to provide you with better search results on Amazon, and they suggest to you other products you might be interested based on products you looked at previously.

Netflix.com had a contest a few years ago that awarded a million dollars to the individual that could come up with the best search results algorithm using cookies and collaborative filtering. They keep track of all of the movies you've seen and all of the movies you've rated and try to guess what movies you might want to rent next.

All Google is going to do is use the links that you've clicked on at Google to try to provide a better search result next time you search on Google. It's not all that different from what amazon and Netflix are already doing.

selectsplat, Dec 11, 2009 IP
  20. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:

It's already happening...

GuruCreation, Dec 11, 2009 IP