1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google is catching my Site's old Title and Description.

Discussion in 'robots.txt' started by 7BlueSky7, Aug 22, 2008.

About a month a go i renewed my whole website designed content, title description etc, and google updated all the content, title, description etc to my new design.

But now after every 6 to 8 days google keeps catching my old site's content, title and description etc, than after 6 to 8 days google again catch my new site's content, title, description etc in search results.

I have also used the following meta tags:

<META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOODP">
    <META NAME="GOOGLEBOT" CONTENT="NOODP">
    <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOYDIR">

But they did not worked, the website i am talking about is in my sig see web hosting yes, and this is google search result http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=web+hosting+yes&btnG=Google+Search click on cached you will find that google has cached my old site. What is wrong with google, what shall i do? Please help me out with this problem. Thank you

7BlueSky7, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  2. lspence

lspence Peon

Best Answers:
    NOODP = Means not to use the description from DMOZ (if it exists)
    NOYDIR = Means not to use the description from Yahoo Directory (if it exists)

You can use CONTENT="NOARCHIVE" if you don't want the page cached.

lspence, Aug 31, 2008 IP