1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Indexing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by E01, Apr 7, 2017.

My webpages have 2 version with and without index.php in url. Google indexing the web pages having index.php in url. Although I've coded canonical tag targeting without index.php url still google indexing the urls having index.php. Should I do SEO for index,php urls or without index.php.

E01, Apr 7, 2017 IP
  2. zibolin

zibolin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can add also redirect in htaccess - after a while google should place on top your root domain - and you should seo for it, not some subpage (even if it's main).

zibolin, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I wonder (just a wild guess) if adding a trailing slash (somesite.com/) will eventually re-index it without index.php. How do you have it in your base href or cannonical tag with or without "/"? Whatever you do, don't end up having duplicate content. You know something like:

somesite.com/
    somesite.com/index.php
    www.somesite.com/
    www.somesite.com/index.php

So, I wouldn't do a SEO for index.php or for the name with the www if I were you. Just pick somesite.com/ as your target URL and optimize that.

qwikad.com, Apr 8, 2017 IP
  4. Patel Jignesh

Patel Jignesh Peon

Best Answers:
    In your know indexing is the process of adding webpages into Google search. Depending upon which meta tag you used (index or NO-index), Google will crawl and index your pages.

Patel Jignesh, Apr 14, 2017 IP