1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Don't Like Paid Links....Than WHY?????

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seosheen, Aug 19, 2008.

I have learned from many site Google don't like paid links....I am so confused if it does not like paid links than why it always puts sponsored links on top of any search ???Are sponsored links not paid??? or there is some other reason of it???
    i know sponsored links are generated through PPC campaign.....but still i am confused about this ...............Buddies put off my confusion

seosheen, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like paid links that can affect SERPs because it messes up with their pagerank algorithm that counts backlinks as a 'vote' for the site/page. That's the reason they proposed rel=nofollow property for linking to sponsored links. So sponsor links are fine with google to get direct traffic from the advertisement but the do not want these sponsor link to affect their search results adversely.

jitendraag, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    can affect SERPs because it messes up with their pagerank algorithm (don't got your point :().....Oh i c meanz all sponsored links are followed by noFOLLOW links ...Meanz by sponsoring you can just get traffic, their is no role of sponsored links in PR I'm right????

seosheen, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some mixed up concepts here.

1. You asked about the sponsored links in search engine results. Yes, these are paid links but they don't have an impact on your SEO rankings so Google is okay with these.

2. Buying links on other sites(also known as sponsored links) is what Google doesn't like because those links can affect your SEO rankings. If the site you bought the link from uses the NOFOLLOW tag on the link you bought from them then it doesn't affect the SEO rank of your site.

I hope that helps.

Searchnology.com, Aug 19, 2008 IP
    kanwarjot and jitendraag like this.
  5. Australianfranchises

Australianfranchises Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt Cutts told one of the article in "The partial update to visible PageRank that went out a few days ago was primarily regarding PageRank selling and the forward links of sites. So paid links that pass PageRank would affect our opinion of a site."

Australianfranchises, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Because it's manipulating the results.

dcristo, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  7. Bloomtools

Bloomtools Peon

Best Answers:
    Google now wants you to use the “report spam” form to snitch on any site that you feel might be selling links!

Bloomtools, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google put adwords at the top of the results as, well, um.....

They get paid money for it. Though that aside PPC ads are diffreent from paid links which are passing pagerank (PPC ads don't as they're not a direct link)

MattUK, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google is fine with paid links for traffic - as long as they are nofollow so they don't pass link juice. Google sponsored links/ ads don't count as links, and don't help you with SERPS.

mjewel, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    Why sponsored link doesn't affect SEO ranking??? (wt i know sponsored links just get traffic because they followed by non follow links..... is it ???)
    And vise versa

seosheen, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  11. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you please send me resource of this statement???

12. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    Buddies thanks for your ideas i have almost solved my confusion:)

13. www.rapidvectorseo.com

www.rapidvectorseo.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google never going to panelized your for buying paid links,
    It may not give juice to your website but never panelized for this reason.

If you are a seller than and than you need to worry about...

www.rapidvectorseo.com, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  14. kingcobrapoker

kingcobrapoker Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's about Google not wanting to let webmasters "manipulate" PR which is hilarious of course. Everything a webmaster does is specifically designed to manipulate this including everything they do with links. To add to this hypocrisy is the fact that paid directories are fine but paid links aren't. If the goal is to prevent people buying PR which seems to be the case then this goes against it.

The process which Google strives for where backlinks happen "naturally" is the biggest fantasy in the history of the world. If you try this you will die lonely because no one will ever find you.

As far as sponsored links on other search engines keep in mind that this is how search engines make their money so they would never penalize a site for this although it's true that these links don't affect organic search engine rankings with anyone.

Ken
    King Cobra Poker

kingcobrapoker, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  15. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    But its a fact google have banned many site for their paid links:(Why you said this it would never penalized paid links site????Do you have any resource about this saying???

seosheen, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. seosheen

seosheen Peon

Best Answers:
    yup you are right main reason of this problem Google don't want to let webmasters "manipulate" PR....thats a logical point i got from your suggestion..
    Thanks

seosheen, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  17. Tripta_Kneoteric

Tripta_Kneoteric Banned

Best Answers:
    The reason for Google disliking paid link is the that its ranking algorithm depends quite a bit on back links. Buying links would essentially mean you having a higher PR and maybe higher ranking. This would eventually mean that the results that Google presents to an user for his/her search query might not be relevant - something which is core to Google's success.

Tripta_Kneoteric, Aug 21, 2008 IP