1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Domain Name Registrar

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sixty6, Dec 31, 2005.

This post is exactly what the topic says, visit my blog to see the post or read it here:

Google has registered with the ICANN and IANAnearly 2 years ago. However, Google is not using it’s membership ID (Number 895) to sell domain names. They are allowed to sell the following domain names:
    .biz
    .com
    .net
    .info
    .name
    .org
    .pro

Now many people may ask, why would Google pay $2,500 to fill out the application to become a domain name registrar and another $6,500 to become a domain registrar for the above domains? The reply Google gave was that they are using their priveleges to help better their search results and AdSense for Domains Program.

Just think of what else Google will do to better their Search Results! This is why Google is the #1 Search Engine, unlike Yahoo! or MSN, because they are concentrated in many other fields that don’t even relate to the internet!

http://blog.cphosts.com/

sixty6, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Last I checked, domain names had something to do with the internet.....:O

flawebworks, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  3. froinlaven

froinlaven Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling $9000 might seem like a lot to you (and me), but to Google it's a drop in the bucket.

froinlaven, Dec 31, 2005 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    It lets google have access to the whois records, including those not available to the general public and lets them try to weed out the spammers. Of course, Google will probably move into the domain selling and web site hosting market at some stage as well, a bit like Yahoo.

mcfox, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  5. Crusader

Crusader Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google might be planning a complete package for webmasters. If they will ever fully implement it remains to be seen.

It might look something like this:
    Google Hosting: High quality hosting, loads of bandwidth and storage space, at a very affordable price.
    Google Domain Registration: Cheap domain registrations
    Google Analytics: Site stats
    AdSense: Advertising revenue for all those sites.
    Adwords: Generating advertising for your sites

The beauty of everything? You'll be able to pay for it using your Adsense revenue and the like (GWallet perhaps) and you'll be able to manage all your sites using one login.

Interesting idea, and makes a bit of sense if you view it in the long run. With more website publishers out there, more revenue goes Googles way, more advertisers use their services, and it makes it easy for them to manage the worlds info.

Crusader, Jan 1, 2006 IP
  6. monRa

monRa Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe because they are millioners?

monRa, Jan 2, 2006 IP
  7. godxilla

godxilla Peon

Best Answers:
    because they are rich and throw money around...

godxilla, Jan 8, 2006 IP