1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Disavow Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Pathan, Nov 7, 2013.

Hello,

My Website is affected badly by Google Penguin update and has got email from Google regarding bad incoming links, I have tried my best to get remove the links and have created disavow file for those which I am unable to remove, I checked all links from Google webmaster tools manually.

My question is when should I submit reconsideration request as I have submitted Disvow file Yesterday (6th November, 2013)?

Furthermore if you have any tips on what exactly I should submit in the reconsideration request I will really appreciate that.

Thanks.

Pathan, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  2. Erin Catorina

Erin Catorina Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google disavows tool take two to three weeks to complete the task. So, you should wait for at least two weeks.

Erin Catorina, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  3. great_friend

great_friend Active Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to wait.. Just send the reconsideration request and mentioned the disavow file name (disavow.txt)

great_friend, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  4. MyArtGallery

MyArtGallery Active Member

Best Answers:
    do not need to wait. just tell them you tried to remove the links. include a table with all the domains, emails, and if the link was removed or not. they need to see your effort otherwise they will not process your disavow list.

MyArtGallery, Nov 7, 2013 IP
  5. Pathan

Pathan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We have got difference of opinion, I am still looking for a reply from someone who has experience of doing what we are talking about.

Thanks

Pathan, Nov 8, 2013 IP
  6. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    You received an unnatural link warning from Google which means that you must remove links at this point. Simply disavowing links will not work and hardly ever works on it's own anyways.

At this point Google has caught you in the act of engaging in creating artificial links to your site and expect you to do something about it. I have received multiple unnatural link penalties on my sites as I own many affiliate sites/niche sites and do a lot of different link building for testing. The only way I was able to remove the penalties was by removing links and showing Google the process I went through in doing so.

I would suggest leaving it to a service like linkdelete to handle it for you unless you know how to analyze your links and figure out which will need to be removed. If you want to do it yourself expect anywhere from 20-100 hours to do it from start to finish. You will need to first analyze your links and see which links are the biggest problem links and are the violation issues. Second start by creating a document that you'll keep track of everything during the link removal process. Then its time to get in contact with webmasters. You will want to visit each domain and track down the best method of contact, sometimes that's a contact form or other times an email address for a webmaster. Then contact them and ask for them to remove the links to your site and tell them which pages on their website the links are. After working through all of your links file a reconsideration request and talk about the effort you took to get the links removed and show them the report you created. The report should show them the link status since working on the removals.

Then, disavow all of the links that wouldn't remove your links.

tycho, Dec 26, 2013 IP
    Lexy likes this.
  7. blackhunter250

blackhunter250 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use disavow to remove my backlinks and contacted them manual , but no reply from them, My site is baned

blackhunter250, Jan 12, 2014 IP
  8. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you receive a manual penalty or did your rankings just drop?

Dittmoe, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  9. blackhunter250

blackhunter250 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ranking drop

blackhunter250, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  10. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    Your website is not banned it is just that you have been hit by an algorithm penalty like those from Penguin. In order to recover from a penguin penalty you will need to remove links, make sure you dont just rely on Webmaster tools for checking your links. You need to use backlink checking sites like ahrefs to see all of your links.

FranksToys, Jan 17, 2014 IP
  11. Lexy

Lexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first thing is that if you got a warning in Google Webmaster Tools, than it has to be a manual penalty, not Google Penguin.

You can send a reinclusion request even a few hours after uploading a file (I always do that). Remember to upload the file to Google Docs, change the settings of this file so that Google Rater could see it, and just put the link to the file in your reinclusion request.

Let us know if your site is still penalized or maybe to managed to restore your rankings.

Lexy, Jan 18, 2014 IP
    tycho likes this.
  12. joshuthomas

joshuthomas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google webmaster data is obsolete, I dont really recommend that. Use more professional analysis tools like majestic or moz and identify the links hurting the website. As you have already submitted the Google disavow, it could take 3 - 4 weeks. just dont follow up so soon, it will for sure be disavowed by google soon. Just move on to the next seo task. Also be really sure about the disavow tool usage as it can really hurt if not rightly used, only disavow the links that you are very sure it can hurt.

cheers
    Josh

joshuthomas, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  13. Owl Writer

Owl Writer Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could convey any concerns with respect to the renewal google penguin.

Owl Writer, Jan 28, 2014 IP
  14. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can submit the reconsideration request immediately after updating the Google disavow sheet. Do add Google doc link in the reconsideration request showing Google which links were spam.

rankwatch.com, Sep 3, 2014 IP