1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by comval, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sorry to show my newbiness, but I think I had read that the Google Directory pulls its results from the Dmoz directory. Is this true? Or can I submit to both independent of one another to get listed in both?
    SEMrush

comval, Aug 10, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    We all start knowing nothing, so don't worry about asking, that's what life is about :)

Google gets its directory from the DOMZ. But it is not updated as often as DOMZ is. So far it updated in November, then around May (I think). So you can't submit to both, as both lead to the DOMZ submission form.

OWG

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  3. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm going to mix threads here, but on the update thread they are saying that the new, or hopefully, updated PR is appearing on sites listed in the Google Directory. Given that Google updates this directory so seldom as far as syncing it with DMOZ do you think it is likely or reasonable that they have updated it with PR before the update the search sites?

compar, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think the Google Directory actually updates more often than it used to... but since the results aren't in the normal web search, no one pays attention.

digitalpoint, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  5. bobafind

bobafind Peon

Best Answers:
    It must be updating now, since my month old DMOZ listing is showing up. Any idea how long till google picks up the back link?

Joel

bobafind, Aug 10, 2004 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pretty much instantly (at least for internal SERP rankings)... as far as reporting it publicly with the link: function... probably next update.

digitalpoint, Aug 10, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.