1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google de-indexing possible cause?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by lowrider14044, Feb 9, 2005.

Not sure if this had anything to do with it but about a month ago I set up an Amazon products feed section on the site. Everything was Russian related so I didn't think it would be a problem. When I checked site: and allinurl: I came up with a crap load of the store pages which are virtually generated. More pages then were indexed for the normal site. I wonder if Google thought that the site theme had changed or that something was funny with so many new pages so quickly? Anyone else having problems with de-indexing have any Amazon feeds or store type content included in their normal site? Especially some that were recently added.

Anyway, I removed the Amazon feeds and had Google de-index and de-cache all of those pages and set the store up as a seperate website with different IP address and asked them to re-spider the site. I hope they do and I hope it helps get me back in the SERPS. BTY..Google surprised me by removing all of the shopping pages from their index and cache in less then a day.

lowrider14044, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  2. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck on that one. I'll be curious to know what happens.

mopacfan, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  3. kaptain

kaptain Peon

Best Answers:
    that' funny, NOT.

I did that exact same thing last year with a site of mine. At the time i thought it was a great idea. a month later my rankings fell. :eek:

Then last spring i got rid of the amazon script but set up a custom 404. when i set up the custom 404 i did it wrong and the SE's saw a 302 :eek:

Dummy me :mad:

Before i did this, the site had great listings, now that i have finnally fixed all my mistakes it is slowly comming back. :D

kaptain, Feb 9, 2005 IP
  4. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Hopefully that was what was causing the problem and it fixes it. God knows how long it will take though. I wish Google was as fast to re-spider/index pages as they are to take them out when you ask them.

That's interesting kaptain. I also added a custom 404 page. I think I did it right but just to make sure I didn't screw up too I took that out also until I find out if I did it right. If those were the causes I hope it doesn't take a year for my site to come back in the SERPS.

lowrider14044, Feb 10, 2005 IP