1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Dance Happening Now And GoogleBot Crawl

Discussion in 'Google' started by Tarakan, Sep 19, 2009.

1. mac12

mac12 Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't noticed yet, all my sites are getting the same average traffic

mac12, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  2. expertscolumn

expertscolumn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately the Google dance on my site is over with 25%-30% drop in traffic. May be the effect of new caffeine update. For some keywords my site is up in SERPS but for the most of them, it has lost rankings.

expertscolumn, Sep 27, 2009 IP
  3. mccomf

mccomf Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my site traffic dropped by 80% in a one day.With around 40000 indexed pages a get like 5000 visitors now.Some keywords were on first places in google and now are gone.
    All my sites have PR n/a.Even this forum has n/a.Is it pr update going on?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
    mccomf, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  4. PetFriend

PetFriend Member

Best Answers:
    All my serps have seen no change at all.

PetFriend, Sep 28, 2009 IP
  5. seocopycat

seocopycat Peon

Best Answers:
    Approximately two hours ago my site which ranked near or #1 for hundreds of terms, instantly began ranking 50+, if at all. Anyone else seen an extreme recent google dance and whether it's ended for you yet? I'm hoping this is a prelude to PR update in a couple days and everything will be back to normal in a week.

seocopycat, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  6. wwe_fan9417

wwe_fan9417 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My site was ranking well for many keywords but now the site homepage is ranking nowhere. It was happened on last Saturday and still the site is not back.:(

wwe_fan9417, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  7. seocopycat

seocopycat Peon

Best Answers:
    When did the google dance start for you and when did it end? I'd be happy with 25% drop in traffic, whole lot better than what is going on now for me (I still get foreign traffic but US I barely rank for anything)

seocopycat, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  8. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    i know the google dance is happening all the time .... my website has been around for few years and never ever a google dance this extreme happen to me on my website. the only big drop i notice happen when i change the url structure of my website last 2 years. temporary big drop but understandable after the 301 redirect comes into action and better serp rankings.

however never did i notice any HUGE changes (as in huge drop in serp) from a google dance which is happening right now and last month.

Tarakan, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  9. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow!, if this is true, then it a very historic occasion! Google have not had a dance since 2003. .... you need to go and check your facts about what the Google Dance was before posting about it.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
    Agent000, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  10. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Not totally true htis happens during major updateds. Most noticeable was during Big Daddy update in 2006.

Barre Tire, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  11. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is not true. Here is your history lesson on what the google dance was. Nothing to do with big daddy.

Agent000, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  12. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    Read the page you sent again. Yes it is true since 2003 google updates on a daily basis however during a major updates even today a "Google Dance" happens. There are fluxuations between data centers. Again I will point out Big daddy as an example. We started seeing major movement on data centers for weeks then the dance began as big daddy rolled out through all data centers to finally settle. The serps had major movements up and down before settling. Prior to 2003 this was the only way google updated. Today there are fluxuations on a daily basis but not major fluxes, however when a major update happens there are major shifts therefore the same type of shift we saw prior to 2003 so I guess we can call that a Google Dance wouldn't ya say?

Barre Tire, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  13. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    Who's the person who recommended the hitlist.com trial?

I signed it up and it's ok, although not worth paying for with google analytics out there.

But anyway, I signed up to see the google bots at work and I can't locate that option.
    The google bot needs to be your only traffic for you to see that, I reckon

Steupz, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  14. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It happens only to new sites.. As far as I know.

Abhik, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  15. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    just an update : today i notice my SERP has improved quite substantially... seems like good news :) lets wait for a couple more days to see the real effect on traffic..

Tarakan, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  16. seocopycat

seocopycat Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats, could you elaborate a little more? What was your previous search traffic volume? When the google dance happened, how badly were you penalized and what was your volume reduced to? How much of your previous traffic have you regained? Your rankings used to be about where (top 10?) then after penalized they went back to where? Now they're coming back they're where?

seocopycat, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  17. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    ok let me elaborate more.. before the google dance happen, i am getting around 4-5k unique visitors each day. on the night the google dance happen for me which is 2 weeks ago, google traffic drop almost 80-90%. however yahoo and bing traffic remains without change. since that day onwards, i am not ranking anywhere high for most of my top ranking keywords on google. one more thing, i don think there's any penalisation in place as I don change anything at all to suffer the drop and the regain back.

in terms of SERP rankings, now im regaining back to the front page with top 5 for most of my keywords just like before the google dance happens. over 50% is in the top 3. in short, its back to normal for me as far as i can see. seems like the google dance has settled for me i supposed not sure whether the caffeine update really is in place or not. thank u so much google..

since the positive effect on the SERP just happens this afternoon, it will be better to report on the regained traffic couple of days later. hopefully u guys who suffer from the traffic drop from the effect of google dance will eventually get back ur rankings and traffic and business. :)

Tarakan, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  18. seocopycat

seocopycat Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just curious, did you see where your rankings went to when your traffic stopped? Like did you go from the top 5 or top 3 google serps all the way back to 100's, 200's, 300's serps? I'm experiencing a situation now where I ranked top 5 for hundreds of keyword terms, and now ranking 200+ (not delisted, all my pages are still there ... just pushed waaaaay back in the serps).

seocopycat, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  19. SEO Blakbelt

SEO Blakbelt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am facing a huge fluctuation in ranking for most of my client sites. some are going up and few are dropping. But the fluctuation is huge some for 100 positions and some for 10 positions as well.
    this is what called google dance

SEO Blakbelt, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  20. talkandberocked

talkandberocked Peon

Best Answers:
    it happened a few week ago

talkandberocked, Oct 2, 2009 IP