1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google crawls Google News sitemap way more than site sitemap

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by stickey, Jan 29, 2011.

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if I can please get some help, which would be greatly appreciated.

I am wondering why Google barely crawls my actual website sitemap, about 30 pages according to the graph, and it crawls about 900 pages of my Google News sitemap...

My Google News sitemap only includes more recent posts or it includes posts by date automatically since Google News doesn't keep posts indexed in News that long anyway, so there are a lot of 404 errors in the News sitemap stats...

I am wondering why Google crawls so few pages of the other sitemap, even tho about 99% of the URLS in the sitemap ARE indexed by Google.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your time.

stickey, Jan 29, 2011 IP
  2. websitetools

websitetools Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have to index news sitemaps faster since news are only relevant few days. Maybe that is why.

websitetools, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. mike burngasser

mike burngasser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How does GoogleBot know what is "News" and what is "Everything Else"?

It doesn't.

News Sitemaps probably don't index any faster or slower than other sitemaps. The algorithm is one-size-fits-all. It's mainly the number of inbound links (and PR) that determines a page's crawl rate...

mike burngasser, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  4. WebMag

WebMag Peon

Best Answers:
    To be included in Google News you have to meet far more criteria than the natural search index. Since the appearing companies (mostly media conglomerates) publish more frequently it makes sense that Google would increase crawl rate to maximize coverage and crawl depth.

WebMag, Feb 23, 2011 IP
  5. suryaworldedu

suryaworldedu Peon

Best Answers:
    may be a reason to get fresh content.

suryaworldedu, Feb 26, 2011 IP