1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google CPM ads

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Dejavu, Apr 25, 2005.

Dont know if you seen this, first time I heard of it
    https://www.google.com/adsense/new

CPM bidding: a new way to generate revenue
    With site-targeted advertising, advertisers set a maximum CPM bid - that is, the price they are willing to pay for every thousand impressions – and pay on a per-impression basis. This means that, unlike pay-per-click ads, you'll earn revenue each time a CPM ad is displayed on your site.

For every eligible impression, both pay-per-impression ads and pay-per-click ads compete in the same auction. Our technology will automatically display the highest performing ads on your pages.

are we gonna see pay per impression ads from google?

Dejavu, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  2. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Seems so, what concerns me though is that an industry can monopolize a site for pennies. Before it was a gamble for a few pennies. Now it's tageted ad space for pennies.

I dunno, I hate this spoon feeding of information crap. Not professional, but since it's google, most are waiting with baited breath and will accept it regardless.

Oh well. :/

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  3. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    That is, until Y! debut's their own version...that is what I am waiting for...

AfterHim.com, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  4. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CPM ads would be a better solution for many sites.
    Example:
    One of my very very active forums get so bad click through rates, that it's not worth to keep the adsense there.
    But with CPM ads (if I understand right), I'd be getting paid for each page view. Now this forum will probably make much more with adsense.
    What do you think?

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  5. BigEasy

BigEasy Peon

Best Answers:
    Onestop, my guess is that Google's technology for CPM ads will take CTR into account so if you have really awful CTR in these forums you probably won't see much more revenue through CPM as opposed to CPC. Who knows though - I guess you'll be able to tell us soon enough :)

BigEasy, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  6. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    My point is this, google has become the middle man for you and an advertiser. They show a list and advertisers pick, you get targeted. Google has announced this and teased with profit, but gave us nothing tangable. They sell your space to a specific vendor and give you pennies.

This IMO will devalue the space on all of our properties. If it's so great, where's the specifics on our cut?

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  7. Liminal

Liminal Peon

Best Answers:
    i suspect that you will know that they gave you pennies and then either block the advertiser or block CPM ads altogether. why take it so negatively before you see the results for you as a publisher?

besides, good luck finding CPM advertisers directly (w/o Google as the middleman). For most of us it is next to impossible.

Liminal, Apr 25, 2005 IP