1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Commercial Keyword Filter

Discussion in 'SEO' started by sportsguru, Jan 24, 2005.

My site is just 3 months old (92 days since I purchased the domain name).

It still doesn't show up in the first 1,000 results on Google for any industry keywords I am targeting. When I do a Google advanced search for one very important industry key phrase (3 word phrase) It comes up at #1 for the URL category, #6 in the Title category, and #7 for both the Text and Links categories. Past history with other websites I own has shown me that EVENTUALLY my site ends up ranking no worse than were the advanced feature for Links says it ranks.

My question is how can I tell if my site hasn't been fully indexed by Google yet OR if my index/home page is tripping a Google filter (for commercial keywords). The keywords in question are on the Google commercial list. To be on the safe side I went in an reduced the occurances of the main key phrases I am targeting and made sure that those keywords/phrases only show up 1x in the Title tag, 1x in the Meta description, 1x in Meta keywords, 1x in a Heading 1 tag, etc.

At just barely 3 months old I'm thinking my site has not been fully included in the G index yet. And so is not being penalized for tripping a commercial keyword filter.

Any intelligent thoughts opinions on this?

MODERATOR: I have no idea how this got here - could you put it in the Google s.e. section where I thought I had opened it???

sportsguru, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  2. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no way to know for sure if your site is being filtered. Anyone can speculate, but nobody can tell you for sure.

You can check for the amount of pages indexed by GG by making a search for allinurl:www. yourdomain .com This will give you the total of pages from your site currently indexed in GG.

You can also add the daterange query to it and limit your results to pages that were indexed within a specific period of time.

You can find more info about this feature in the Special Query Terms section of the Google Web APIs Reference page.

Tapanti, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  3. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    To test if a page is indexed, I usually search for a very specific phrase on one of my pages and put in double-quotes when you search, so it finds only your page (and maybe a few others). This is the quickest way to see if Google has indexed a "specific" page.

To do a general search, use the technique Tapanti described above with the "allinurl:" prefix.

Good luck!

my3cents, Jan 24, 2005 IP