1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Chrome and absolute position

Discussion in 'CSS' started by Lukas, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, I got it from a fellow co-worker. And as of yesterday; scrapped it anyway back to a reliable and better method stu nichols.

Now, I have another absolute position menu problem it is 9px off with firefox 3.0 to IE7. i set margin to 0 already.; no difference. and tried position:fixed.

I am not eating til I get this is done.:confused:

UPDATE:
    well I just got a hack in there. .how long will that last . do i need one for IE6 too?

html>body #main_nav_Container { *top: 124px; }

it's from from 115px in Firefox; yippee for now.

Lukas, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  2. Stomme poes

Stomme poes Peon

Best Answers:
    If you post either a url or the code for the whole page, it'd be soooo much easier to figure out what's going on... in general, you should be able to use absolute positioning and use the same numbers for IE as everyone else (a few exceptions there).

If you're worried about content begin copied or whatever, post a dummy version of the page-- all the same HTML and CSS but with your text changed to "bork bork bork" with each section of "bork" being about the same length as the text on the real page (in case inline text is setting widths of anything important on the page).

Also, sometimes there are spacing differences after using universal reset. Unless there's an image involved, small differences should be ignored. Personally, I am not happy with FF3 and the way it seems so different from OS to OS. I get a text-wrapping issue on FF3 (but not FF2) on this Ubuntu machine that I cannot replicate on either FF3 on Windows machine OR a Mac OR another Ubuntu machine with a smaller screen. Bah! A pox on them. But anyway even though I'm usually working with someone else's design and try to make all browsers match the original tabled idea, I don't wring my panties over a few pixels difference cause often it's more an OS difference than anything else. If its a LOT of pixel difference then there's something else going on that we could likely find and fix.

Stomme poes, Sep 7, 2008 IP
  3. sanbkk

sanbkk Peon

Best Answers:
    from my site statistic - people still uses Ie the most

but i prefer firefox even it is slower sometimes.

sanbkk, Sep 7, 2008 IP