1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cash Detective

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by butternyk, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:
    Well here's my update...

I eventually gave up on hostmonster.com, they just are not at all interested in allowing gcd to run on their servers unless you want to purchase a dedicated server. I did receive a full refund, -$10 for the hostname (and could have had that refunded, but I needed a hostname anyway, so I kept that one). They do have a full 30 day refund policy.

I changed to a new provider, and initially had a problem when trying to get the install.php script to run... this provider has SQL running on it's own server, so changing the sqlhost to the server name instead of localhost solved the problem.

I'm currently running the cron job every 12 hours (yeah, like someone else said, it's weird that I have to run that locally on my machine instead of just setting up a cronjob to run on the server), with only 20 words in a single group right now to gauge the performance.

If my account hasn't be suspended by Monday, I'll increase the cronjob to every 6 hours. :)

regards,

sip

sip, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  2. Reynaldo

Reynaldo Peon

Best Answers:
    I apologize that my first post in this forum is to bash someone. I was searching for a solution to my problem and this thread came up.

I was one of the lucky (or maybe unlucky?) ones that was able to buy GoogleCash Detective the release day.

To make a long story short. After I installed everything, using my browser i opened the URL where I installed GCdetective, I got the main page. I added a few keywords to crawl and the process took at least 40 minutes and never finished. Finally the page stopped loading and all I got was a blank page.

I tried opening the main page again, but once again all I got was the same forever loading page. No error message, no warning, no nothing. Just a forever loading blank page that after 30-40 mins stops loading.

Wishing this would fix it, I have deleted and reinstalled everything so many times that I actually lost the count.

I submitted a ticket to GCDetective Help Desk at 05 Jun 2007 01:39:09 CST
    At 05 Jun 2007 21:17:42 CST some guy (I think he was named Frank) replied with: "I'll see if I can finfd you tech help", and that was it. No help received, no more replies, no more nothing.

Today i tried with their last version of the installer (1.02) and now all I get is a main page asking me for my login password over and over and over.

I bought a costly product and 4 days later I still can't even use it.

I'm thinking about going to my bank and ask them to chargeback the debit to my credit card and maybe buy a product that works (like AdSpy).

Reynaldo, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  3. beejeebers

beejeebers Peon

Best Answers:
    Instead of looking for shortcuts, take the money you would spend on this software and start an adwords account. The best way to learn is the school of hard knocks.

This software is useless imho because you still have to figure out the keyword list and that is the biggest battle in affiliate marketing. I gurantee you are not going to find anyone's "golden nuggets" using keyword generation software. Therefore, this software will narrow the crappy keywords for you, but you can do that on your own.

beejeebers, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  4. pookie

pookie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not happy with the GC Detective. I was one of the first few people to grab it at the $397... order #44. But when I clicked the order button, it took over half an hour before the order went through. And then today, I found out from my bank that the GC Detective charged me 3 times for it!!!

Yesterday I finally had the time to settle down and install the script. I was surprised to find out that it is a server side application but I figured, no big deal. It wouldn't be the first time I had to install a script. But to my dismay, I received so many php errors rendering the application useless. I thought I did something wrong but I followed the written manual and videos step by step. I installed, reinstalled, used different databases... nothing worked. I resorted to making a request that the GC Detective staff install it for me but I haven't heard from them yet.

I sent the help desk several tickets requesting and then demanding refunds because what good is this application if I can't get it to work for me? I also didn't like the "hidden fee" of $97 to automatically be charged every month for using the automator.

pookie, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  5. jkwells1

jkwells1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have tried to run the CRAWL Button on the Software but All I get is the Add Key Words Button?

Anybody find a way to work around this or a way to activate the CRAWL option under key words?

Thanks

jkwells1, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  6. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:

I think this what the manual cron app, loaded on your local PC is for, check your PM's

Regards,

SIP

sip, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  7. pookie

pookie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Has anyone been able to receive a refund yet? I submitted several tickets to the help desk for the past several days and no refund has been issued to me. my situation is unique in that I was grossly charged 3 times for this product that produces nothing but php errors. So Chris Carpenter is holding almost $1200 of my money. I was told by the customer service that they would "immediately" refund me my money but nothing has changed. My bank told me that the company never withdrew the money, they're just holding it. So once it's released, the funds would instantly be available to me.

pookie, Jun 11, 2007 IP
  8. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    it seems most of u r not satisfied.. thanxs for updating . it cld have been more worse if i have bought it ... thanxs for ur feedback

butternyk, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  9. pookie

pookie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I finally got my $1200 refund today. My bank was charged 3 times for the product which customer support acknowledged as a gross over site

pookie, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  10. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks to whoever started this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

I also am one of the "LUCKY" ones to get a copy of GCD.

I had the same problem with hostmonster... account suspended.

So now I am at hostgator, but after entering my first batch of keywords, I think gcd has gone into hibernation. I am not getting any updated data for any keywords in any category.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it hostgator? Anyone have a web host suggestion?

Also, why in the training videos does GCD have different options in the "Settings"? When I add keywords, the button is "ADD", not "CRAWL", like the GCD has in the training video. Maybe difference between client-side and server-side?

And what is up with the:

"Get estimates every *** days. By checking off the box, I understand I will be charged $0.057 per keyword estimate which includes keyword variations. By checking off the box, I also have read the Billing Terms. "

Almost 6 cents a keyword to get the 1st and 3rd place bids from Adwords, and to get related keywords? ARE YOU INSANE??? I planed on having hundreds of thousands of keywords!!! Even at 100,000 keywords, which a very low estimate, and having GCD check every 30 days, that is $5700 a month!!!

Pre-sale Chris said there were NO membership charges or any other charges for GCD. Why did he fail to mention the keyword checking price?

And the extra $97 a month for GCA??? I am getting upset just writing this...

I better go before I headbutt my computer...

mohms, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  11. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    looks like i'm gonna have to stay away from this as well....

so5, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  12. so5

so5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    did you try to get a refund from chris carpenter's site or clickbank? try clickbank...all the refunds i've gotten have been when i've contacted clickbank themselves.

so5, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  13. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear of your situation, sir. It sounds quite tragic - especially since you could have just bought Adspy Pro for a one-off fee of $47. E-mail Clickbank at and ask them for a refund. You can do so after three days of not receiving a response from the merchant. Then get yourself Adspy Pro and save loads of cash. And don't forget to mention to Clickbank that you were charged three times.

Masterful, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  14. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All I do is hear terrible news regarding Google Cash Detective. Everyone seems to have a problem with it. People are even being kicked off hosting companies because the script interferes with the server! Lucky I missed the launch date!

Masterful, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  15. jkwells1

jkwells1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am about to give up on the Google Cash Detective, as the support is poor, the install instuctions are not complete, the videos are out of sequence or forget to tell you that need to have an existing or shuould apply for an Adsese account. Also I can't confirm this, but someone else pointed out all the other hidden-additonal fees for making the program work.

Can anyone post the small print that confirms what MOHMS Pointed out?

Anyone have anything good or bad to say about adspy pro?

Masterful,

what can you tell us or show us as proof that this actually works for you?

Thanks.

PS I am going over and requesting a refund for Google Cash Detective.

Too Bad, Too MUCH HYPE for such a poor experience.

jkw

jkwells1, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  16. mohms

mohms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I posted a screenshot of my gcd settings page with the keyword checking billing option on my website at http://www.themrreport.com/images/gcd.jpg

You can clearly see the option for them to charge $.057 per keyword.

jkwells1... You have gcd? Does your settings page have this option?

Anyways, update from my previous post...

I actually got an email from Chris Carpenter as a reply from a comment I had left on his blog. He basically said he isn't getting much sleep due to playing catch up on all the problems they are having with gcd. I asked him a few more questions, but don't expect a reply anytime soon if they are that busy... It took them a few days for their support team to reply to my ticket. Its a good thing they didn't sell more than 500 copies!

AND my gcd is still not running properly....

All in all, Chris had a GREAT pre launch campaign. Sold out in less than 2 hours. BUT, maybe his team should have paid more attention to the backend for the buyers (installation guides, training, support, etc.). Making $200,000 plus in an hour and a half doesn't mean jack if they all get refunded.

With all the problems they are having, I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone UNTIL all the bugs are fixed.

I do believe GCD could be a great tool in your affiliate marketing toolbag if it is fixed. But im afriad that day may be in the distant future... I think I will hang on to my copy for a while to see what happens, even though I am still pissed at all the undisclosed extra charges (GCA and the keyword checker).

mohms, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  17. RMT1000

RMT1000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the thread !!!

I just saved $497 :)

RMT1000, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  18. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    This is scary. That promo video of his shows nothing about GCD and everything about him surfing and partying in Mexico. Looks like he needs to come home and tend to business for awhile. Great information here...

flip, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  19. seermit

seermit Guest

Best Answers:
    Masterful - an interesting post. Could you try selling it to me because I am guessing you are an affiliate, if this is so good should you not keep it secret to yourself and make millions through adwords, surely much more than you can make from the downloads of the application itself!?

Don't wish to sounds negative, but I am an ultimate skeptic and would love to be convinced. I do some adwords advertising so something like this could definitely be of use to our campaigns.

seermit, Jun 12, 2007 IP
  20. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:
    Latest update;

gcd is still rolling along... I had my hosting company setup a couple of cron jobs for me - wasn't able to access cron via their somewhat limited control panel...

I'm going to add more keywords and groups and wait to see what I can find.

One of the other customers has setup a forum at http://gcdforum.info for anyone who's still having issues.

Regards,

sip

sip, Jun 12, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.