1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Cash Detective

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by butternyk, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    did anyibe get hands on Google Cash Detective . it was launched few hrs back when i was sleeping. i got up and it was gopne. doen anyone had a chance to grab it. what was the cost $$. can anyone help me in getting information on this.

butternyk, Jun 4, 2007 IP
  2. tonystai

tonystai Peon

Best Answers:
    I did get a copy, I will likely be returning/refunding.

Problems getting it to run on Teknon Media, worked on Hostgator sort of. Script seems to go out to lunch after entering keywords.

I paid $397, regular price is $497. 1 month free for the adwords tool, and then $97.00 per month after that - auto signup which may be illegal in the US.

Generally, communication is poor, broken links in the download page and tutorial page.

Ticket entered on help desk about performance without answer, going on about 20 hours now.

Windows based scheduler to refresh keywords which is a bit weird since it is a server side script.

Not impressed at this point.

tonystai, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  3. mactep

mactep Active Member

Best Answers:
    what is this google cash dedective? can anybody post a non spammy/aff link :D:confused:

mactep, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  4. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:

I was able to get a $397 copy as well. It seemed to work fine hosting it on hostmonster.com - until the next day when they suspended my account for causing performance problems. A quick email to support was returned in a couple of hours, apparently they had added a module crawl_url.php that was causing some issues - deleting it seems to solve the problem.

I'm going to hold on to it for a bit and see how it shakes out...

sip

sip, Jun 5, 2007 IP
  5. butternyk

butternyk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanxs everyone -- so not satisfacotry results. is there a chance we can get on hand on it -- by sharing or getting them for u --- idont know if it canwork on multiple pc?? if yes thatwill be a help .. atleat the ebook
    .keep me posted

butternyk, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  6. antum

antum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your feedback on this one, I hadn't heard of this one before...

sip, let us know if you get some positive (or negative) results

antum, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  7. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:
    Antum,

Will do - still playing around with the software at this point, just learning what it can do.

sip

sip, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  8. jshaffstall

jshaffstall Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised this is a server-side application. I'd figured it would be client-side, just running in the background. Anyone know the rationale for making it server-side?

Jay

jshaffstall, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  9. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm curious, too. And how is this any different from something like Keyword Elite?

But I suppose I could discern this if Cash Detective was upfront and honest about their product.

flip, Jun 6, 2007 IP
  10. jimsim

jimsim Peon

Best Answers:
    I got my hands on a copy, about 12:30 central time.

How'd you guys get it for $397? I paid full price.

It took 4 attempts, AMEX was declined 3 times. Finally took VISA. Not sure if the issue was traffic or their cart wasn't working.

Anyways, my first surprise was that I needed a website. I had one, but that was never mentioned in the pre-sale hype. So I tried to load the software on my existing site. It loaded, but apparently the MySQL version my provider had wasn't good enough. I got a bunch of errors when the software went to create tables in the database. I posted a problem ticket with Google Cash Detective just to confirm my suspicions. Twenty hours later no response.

I posted a note on chriscarpenterblog.com about this and it was removed within minutes.

So then I bit the bullet and got a new web site on hostmonster. Install went flawlessly (of course, because I did it about 15 times on my old site), I added some keywords, started the crawl and went to bed.

The next morning, host monster suspended my account for overusing CPU. When I called they said, "Oh you're running that GCD thing, that's why." When I mentioned that GCD was recommending them as a provider, they said, Everybody running GCD will be suspended.

So I found another host that offered MySQL 5 and PHP 5 and so far everythings running. Of course this is a sit and wait tool. I won't mention the provider because I don't want them to get inundated with GCD users and get me shut off again.

jimsim, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  11. jkwells1

jkwells1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Before I even signed up with these folks, I called up just to make certain that they allowed us using the google cash detective and they said no, GCD is not Allowed on their servers.

I have an account with lunarpages.com,

but so far I have not had any luck loading two of the pages, i get php errors.

When I try to load the "VIEW STATS" and the "WATCH LIST" I get the follwing sets of CODE:

For VIEW STATS:
    A database error occured.
    Error details:
    Page: /gcd/view.php
    Query: SELECT c.cat_id, c.category, c.status, a.keywords, b.urls, e.profitable_urls, d.aff_urls, f.profitable_aff FROM pt_categories AS c LEFT JOIN ( SELECT category, count(*) AS keywords FROM pt_keywords GROUP BY category) AS a ON a.category=c.cat_id LEFT JOIN ( SELECT k.category, count(l.id) AS urls FROM pt_keywords AS k, pt_listings AS l WHERE k.id=l.keyword GROUP BY k.category) AS b ON b.category=c.cat_id LEFT JOIN ( SELECT k.category, count(l.id) AS profitable_urls FROM pt_keywords AS k, pt_listings AS l WHERE k.id=l.keyword AND l.last_seen>=1181113200 AND l.found_days>=10 AND (l.tot_position/l.found_times) <= 13 AND ( (l.found_days * 86400) / ( 1181199600 - l.first_seen + 86400 ) * 100 ) >= 50 GROUP BY k.category) AS e ON e.category=c.cat_id LEFT JOIN ( SELECT k.category, count(l.id) AS aff_urls FROM pt_keywords AS k, pt_listings AS l, pt_urls AS u WHERE k.id=l.keyword AND u.url_id=l.url AND u.affiliate=1 GROUP BY k.category) AS d ON d.category=c.cat_id LEFT JOIN ( SELECT k.category, count(l.id) AS profitable_aff FROM pt_keywords AS k, pt_listings AS l, pt_urls AS u WHERE k.id=l.keyword AND u.url_id=l.url AND u.affiliate=1 AND l.last_seen>=1181113200 AND l.found_days>=10 AND (l.tot_position/l.found_times) <= 13 AND ( (l.found_days * 86400) / ( 1181199600 - l.first_seen + 86400 ) * 100 ) >= 50 GROUP BY k.category) AS f ON f.category=c.cat_id ORDER BY c.category
    Error:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT category, count(*) AS keywords FROM pt_keywords GROUP BY

For WATCH LIST:

A database error occured.
    Error details:
    Page: /gcd/watch.php
    Query: SELECT w.`group_id`, w.`group`, a.urls, c.keywords, d.ads FROM pt_watch AS w LEFT JOIN ( SELECT `group_id` , count( DISTINCT url_id ) AS urls FROM `pt_watch` AS w, `pt_urls` AS u WHERE LOCATE( w.`group` , u.url ) > 0 GROUP BY`group_id` ) AS a ON ( a.group_id = w.group_id ) LEFT JOIN ( SELECT `group_id` , count( DISTINCT keyword ) AS keywords FROM `pt_watch` AS w, `pt_urls` AS u, `pt_listings` AS l WHERE LOCATE( w.`group` , u.url ) > 0 AND l.url=u.url_id GROUP BY `group_id` ) AS c ON ( c.group_id = w.group_id ) LEFT JOIN ( SELECT `group_id` , count( DISTINCT ad_id ) AS ads FROM `pt_watch` AS w, `pt_urls` AS u, pt_listings AS l, pt_adlistings AS a WHERE LOCATE( w.`group` , u.url ) > 0 AND l.url=u.url_id AND l.id=a.listing AND a.last_seen>=1181113200 AND a.days_count>=10 AND (a.tot_position/a.count) <= 13 AND ( (a.days_count * 86400) / ( 1181199600 - a.first_seen + 86400 ) * 100 ) >= 50 GROUP BY `group_id` ) AS d ON ( d.group_id = w.group_id )
    Error:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SELECT `group_id` , count( DISTINCT url_id ) AS urls FRO

can anyone help with the php?

Can anyone else confirm that MYSQL/PHP 5.0 is required?

I am currently Running MYSQL 4.0.25-standard and PHP 4.4.1

Aslo what is meant by a Server Being RUN as
    shared and in SAFE MODE?
    "If you have a shared server that runs on Safe Mode"

Also: why would I need to load a IonCube Loader?

Sorry for all the questions,

I am new to all this php, sql, adwords thing.

Cheers,

jkw

jkwells1, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  12. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:
    jimsim,

Chris gave previous customers of "GoogeCash" a discount, that's where the $397 came from. Same problem with hostmonster - They told me they are working with the script authors to find a solution, as they really don't want to lose all the business they got from gcd... ;-) I'll give them until Saturday, then I request a refund via their 30-day refund policy, and find another provider - I would use Godaddy, but I host pages there, and really don't need all of the suspended. :)

jkwells,

I'm no tech support guru, but after you got the files installed, did you (via your browser) run the install.php script? I had the same problem until I ran this (which creates some default categories, etc).

Try pointing your browser to http://www.your_domain_here.com/gcd/install.php

Regards,

sip

sip, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  13. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you can get a refund and keep the script too?!

BigBadWolf, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  14. sip

sip Peon

Best Answers:
    Ummm, no... I meant a different hosting company :)

sip

sip, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  15. bweav

bweav Peon

Best Answers:
    I saw the launch for GCD but couldn't afford it anyway. A few days later I ran across an ad for software that does the same thing. Its called Adspypro and sells for $47.00 full one time price. Wonderfull, I bought it and it is simple to install and use. They don't have affiliates yet or I would be one:D

Bill

bweav, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  16. jkwells1

jkwells1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have actually installed the whole package now about 10-14 times.

and the first mistakes I made were not adding the user to the data base ie gcduser and i did not run the "http://www.your_domain_here.com/gcd/install.php
    ", after installing and setting up the GCD.

I went back and corrected the two mistakes above, but again I screwed up by going and loading the http://www.your_domain_here.com/gcd/install.php
    url, it created double categories about 3 to 4 times.

Since Then I am still getting the same two php code errors above.

Any one know the Google Cash Detective Ticket Support Site?

I have already tried to contact Chris via his blog and I even tried to contact GCD via their free install service, and I have yet to hear from either. its been about 20 Plus Hours now.

will keep the rest of you informed as I try to fix this.

PS Hostmonster, did not want to let me register a domain if I was going to be running the Google Cash Detective.

Cheers

jkw

jkwells1, Jun 7, 2007 IP
  17. jkwells1

jkwells1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update for 6/8/2007

thanks to sip,

i was able to locate the GCD help desk site.

I have to admit that support was quick to respond to all four of my issues in a timely manner.

I did notice that they avoided the host question.

Still not certain if they are aware of hostmonster cancelling and NOT Accepting new GCD users.

Anyone else have any luck using Adspypro?

Once I get the GCD Fixed I plan to look into the Adspypro!

Will keep the rest of you posted.

Cheers!

jkw

jkwells1, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  18. pnidoc

pnidoc Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been kick off HostMonster and the GCD guys are well aware of the prob. I've tried with 3 other ISPs and have yet to get an install. THis is the absolute worst experience I've had with a server-side script...

pnidoc, Jun 8, 2007 IP
  19. jimsim

jimsim Peon

Best Answers:
    jkwells1,
    I received those errors on the pages as well. I believe it's due to how the tables are being joined. GCD tech support finally did get back to me and tell me that you need 4.1.x MySQL or above.

jimsim, Jun 9, 2007 IP
  20. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, guys,

I rushed to get GCD but failed: it had already sold out. Lucky for me!

The following day, I found Adspy Pro. It does exactly the same thing but only costs $47! And if you acted quickly, you could have got it for only $27 using the coupon code adspyproWSO (doesn't work any more)! Adspy Pro therefore makes GCD look like a total and utter ripoff!

The thing with these spying applications is that, unlike what most people think, they do not tell you which keywords are profitable. Just because someone uses a keyword for a long time doesn't mean that it is making them money. The only way to identify profitable keywords was with XRay Domination ($1,000; sold out) and ClickFlipping ($997, then $297/month). However, these applications costed an arm and two legs. Lucky I found a far, far, far cheaper alternative (see my signature for details).

The idea is to spy on your niche with Adspy Pro, steal a profitable campaign's keywords and ad text, set up your own campaign, then filter out the dud keywords using the application in my signature. If you do everything properly, there's no reason why EVERY campaign you create should not be profitable.

Times are good!

Masterful, Jun 9, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.