1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google cache

Discussion in 'SEO' started by phrozen_ra, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If you are interested in letting me conduct an experiment for my soon to be released SEO Promo Service, let me know. I have a system in place currently that allows me to get promotion/links/traffic, and search engine rankings in a short amount of time, quickly and inexpensively.

If you are interested, let me know and I will go into detail a bit more. I know some have PM'd me about this before, and I have yet to respond. We are getting closer, be patient, I will respond :)

Mia, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  2. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry but what does that mean?

And thats why I am doing these researches just so then I know what to explain to him. Like this board, lots of info, thanks guys!!

pinkpanther, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  3. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    OH YES I am very interested..... but yes please give me the details first esp on costs... I no more money since my client hasnt paid.. :(

4. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    What is a sand box and what does it have to do with search engine?

5. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    Pink Panther

okay now i know what you meant by use vbcode. I dont see any option for html, does it mean html is not allowed?

6. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Vacation rental is a very difficult KW term to get first page rankings for - you tend to find that large sites, like VRBO.com are the ones that rank high. It's vitally important to get a ton of good themed linked using the keyword term.

Also look at your content and have internal BL's using this KW term. You've a battle on your hands, even with Kauai as the additional KW.

p.s. this is from experience - I tried to optimise for 'vacation rentals' managed to get to #40 but have since concentrated on other KW terms.

DarrenC, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  7. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    I cant agree more, its a very competitive industry. I actually did a research on keywords and found that "kauai vacation rentals" is the most popular keywords used.

Can you explain a little more? plzzzzz....

And more on this too.... sorry not sure what BL is, backlink? But I still dont get it.... :( Must be the big dinner, cant think after too much starch. :D

8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Originally Posted by wwhhomes
    It's vitally important to get a ton of good themed linked using the keyword term.

>> what I mean is look for good links, not necessary high PageRank links, that are the same subject as the website, i.e. other vacation rental sites, travel sites, vacation sites etc. To compete for first page your going to need loads of links, and good optimisation on your site, i.e. using the keywords within your content.

Originally Posted by wwhhomes
    Also look at your content and have internal BL's using this KW term.

>> Look at the text on your page (the content) use the keyword Kauai vacation rental in your text on the page. If your optimising your homepage for this keyword term then link to your homepage from your other pages using this keyword term.

Have I explained it better?

Darren :)

DarrenC, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  9. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes and thanks for the explanation.

Now I am a little curious, let me add SEO is something totally new to me. I actually am a pretty experienced web developer but I mainly work on intranet. I never had to worry about whether or not my intranet pages show up in search engines. So my question for you and others is, isnt SEO a different area than web development, it is marketing? no? I do understand now that, I as a web developer, when developing commercial web site, should design my web pages to be SE friendly. But to work on having someone else's sites link to my client's site, is it my job too?

pinkpanther, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  10. phrozen_ra

phrozen_ra Peon

Best Answers:
    how about you all go and open a new thread ...? can you all go take a look at the first topic? and the sencond and the third?

thank you

phrozen_ra, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  11. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cant think of a better place to chat about someones site...
    unless he opened a thread in general chat...
    in which case it would probably get moved into here. :rolleyes:
    G-E-M

quote DP
    "This is also the place for Why does this site rank where it does? questions."

Solicitors Mortgages, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  12. pinkpanther

pinkpanther Peon

Best Answers:
    Apologies if you feel I have hijacked your thread, was not my intention.

Just got carried away when there are nice people who tried to help and give advices..

Cheers!! :)

pinkpanther, Jan 21, 2005 IP
  13. VegasMack

VegasMack Peon

Best Answers:
    Don’t know for sure, but it looks like Google is using old data in their SERPS. Not only have I noticed rankings have reverted for my KW phrase, but the pages indexed for that phrase has been drastically reduced and fluctuates several times daily.

While the pages in the Top Ten have fresh cache dates, the rankings are several months old.

I can’t get verification on this from other threads I have posted, but it appears to be the case.

I doubt Google has dumped 6 million pages for my KW, AND I went back to my old rankings. :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the case with you too, or part of it.

~VegasMack

VegasMack, Jan 23, 2005 IP