1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google business listings.

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by accessted, Nov 10, 2009.

Does anyone have extra tips or can offer service to get a few listings on Google? Most of my #'s have been used and prob all of my sites. Some of my listings got flagged and some others get flagged as soon as I change something. I think I have too many listings? like 15 or so... None show up for my main keywords though. Only for like zip codes etc... Anyone know a good way to get a few on there showing up again without getting flagged? I want White hat stuff here....

PM me if you have some suggestions or services for this.

Thanks,

accessted, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  2. TakyDine

TakyDine Peon

Best Answers:
    get more backlinks, prefered big PR

TakyDine, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  3. accessted

accessted Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have about 150 Backlinks, and PR of 3

That may not be a lot, but its more then all the other listings companies have..

accessted, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  4. AutoTerminal

AutoTerminal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google back links is about the best or most visited page in your site. How old is your site now and how many visitors do you receive? How many visitors proceed to specific pages in your site? These are the factors to consider for Google to give you direct link in SERP

AutoTerminal, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  5. accessted

Best Answers:
    My site is about 5 years old.. Not to many visitors, maybe about 600/Month

accessted, Nov 12, 2009 IP
  6. appleranger

appleranger Peon

Best Answers:
    Just keep doing backlinking like you are already doing. You need to give Google time to rank your site in the listings that you are targeting.

appleranger, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  7. accessted

Best Answers:
    So that actually helps with the map/business licstings? I am in first spot on the organic, but nothing on the A,B,C etc listings.

accessted, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  8. Jectillplum

Jectillplum Peon

Best Answers:
    you should have to do Google Local Submission for that with your targeted Key Words. and confirm your number with local submission.

Jectillplum, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  9. converted

converted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Maps are a big factor now for regional/city specific searches - in fact from the results we see (managing SEO and map listings), it's THE largest contributor to click traffic because of the space it occupies on the page.

The process of building links (citations) is different from SEO link building as Google does have a separate algorithm for map listing ranking. Some factors are similar - title tag length for example and following Google's Quality Guidelines for local business listings are critical (this can be found in your Local Business Center account).

First step, claim or add your listing - it's free - just like getting your site indexed in Google. Then, find relevant directories that will cite your company's name, address, and phone number with relevant info. For example, Merchantcircle.com is an example of the type of place you will want to get listed as it links back to your local listing. Rather than backlinks, you are looking to get phone/address references for map listings to build credibility that translates to higher rankings.

Hope that helps. Also, I wrote a blog on this topic at hubpages.com (can't post the link - I'm a Peon), but if you go there and search "Google Maps Marketing", you'll get the post. It's the first one. I hope it helps you! If you have questions, please feel to PM me.

converted, Nov 28, 2009 IP
  10. accessted

Best Answers:
    Thanks,
    I read your article. it was great..

I posted 2 comments. I though the first did not go through. sorry.....

You can erase 1 if you like or keep it...

accessted, Nov 29, 2009 IP
  11. converted

converted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry it didn't full resolve you problem, but I sent you a PM about it. Google is being extra hard on Locksmiths nowadays. When I mean extra hard, I mean that they have virtually banned all new listings for locksmiths by putting them a permanent "flagged" status.

I do have some ideas to help despite this. I sent it via PM.

converted, Dec 2, 2009 IP
  12. converted

converted Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you can get a very kind Google employee in the help forums and you appear to be legit company, you MAY get them to have mercy on you and unflag your listing.

converted, Feb 24, 2010 IP