1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Benefits of High PR, Traffic Throttling and Aging Delay

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by shwebdev, May 5, 2012.

Hi,

I have a couple of questions I have been saving up for anyone who has been in a similar situation. I have some pretty big sites (some with over 1 million pages indexed in Google). These sites are only 4-5 months old and are still indexing daily.

1. I notice when Google sends traffic to these sites, it tends to come in short bursts or "waves" and occasionally traffic will drop off for a month or so and then suddenly come back with double the traffic it had before. E.g i was getting 1000UV a day for about 2 months and then went down to 500UV for a month and then suddenly the site just jumped to 2000uv in a day and has stayed that way ever since. Is this completely normal for larger sites in Google? (All of this traffic is from Google searches only, no advertising anywhere else)

2. In the recent Google PR update all of my sites have now jumped to a PR3 from a PR0. I am curious to know what effect if any this will have on my sites. I have done some research and read that PR has no correlation with the amount traffic received. If this is true, can some one please explain what the real benefit of PR is?

3. As my sites are still indexing, does this mean Google will minimize my traffic and scrutinize my site until such time all pages are indexed? I cannot see any real correlation with pages indexed and the amount of traffic received. One of the sites which only has 300,000 pages indexed gets more traffic then one of the sites that has over 1 million, I think this is just Google throttling my traffic for that particular site as I am also aware there is an aging delay with all newly registered domains.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
    shwebdev, May 5, 2012 IP
  2. shwebdev

shwebdev Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone care to provide any input?

shwebdev, May 7, 2012 IP
  3. earljohny3

earljohny3 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I checked the google PR for my website MAP-IT Inc today. Before it was 0/10 and now it is with 1/10. How can i improve it and is their any solid benefit of it?

earljohny3, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  4. shwebdev

shwebdev Peon

Best Answers:
    You realise the link above is no follow, which means it gives you absolutely no backlink benefit whatsoever?

shwebdev, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  5. rith

rith Member

Best Answers:
    Your site will appear on top search engine if you do SEO properly.

rith, Jun 8, 2012 IP
  6. Abbey14

Abbey14 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then does it mean that you have submit your site to do follow sites

Abbey14, Jun 8, 2012 IP