1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google being sued for defamation.

Discussion in 'Google' started by continuum, Feb 10, 2008.

There is a real estate company in Australia that is suing google for defamation. they claim that google is linking to a site that defames them.

The site, that describes these agents -http://www.jenman.com.au/news_item.php?id=112 is saying that the company Castran Gilbert, should sue them, but for some reason unknown to me, Castran Gilbert have decided to sue one of the biggest IT companies in the world (as they think that this will have better effect). I think that they are in for a rude shock when the defamation case goes to court and they then find that their site has been knocked off the rankings by very bad articles about them. I think they should have thought about this before they whacked this hornet's nest.

For more, go to http://www.theage.com.au/news/web/s...ry-web-articles/2008/02/08/1202234210693.html

Who said there is no such thing as bad publicity?

continuum, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The g issue is very minor its all about the publicity ;)

britishguy, Feb 10, 2008 IP
  3. continuum

continuum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I forgot to mention that when you type in the agent's names, there is no reference to the article on google, and there is a legal notice below saying that a link has been removed for legal reasons.

Is Google scared of this little minnow? (or will this get me slapped with a defamation case?) - maybe I should say, are google allegedly scared of this minnow?

4. continuum

continuum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No publicity that knocks off your site from number one, replacing it with an article telling people that you allegedly 'bullied and badgered a severely brain damaged man into selling his house to earn commission" is good in my opinion.

5. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I do not think Google is scared of anything it is just doing what it is suppose to do which is correct legally. They have their team of lawyers to advise them on what to do and what not to do.

wisdomtool, Feb 10, 2008 IP