1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Base with one owner - 2 sites

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by rahul.ryd, Oct 12, 2010.

Guys,

I would like to know what if someone tries to upload the products with different sites, but the owner (company) of the both sites is same (catering the same industry e.g. mobile phones or mobile accessories).

Both the sites will be having different IP addresses, different product links, image links, etc.

Will Google be able to trace those and add penalty on both sites? Or anyone of the sites will get penalize?

Any insights regarding this will be highly appreciated. Also please do let me know if I am not clear in above points.

Thanks in advance.

rahul.ryd, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  2. directfuture

directfuture Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is very cleaver, will the product descriptions, titles ect be the same on both sites? If so it will act as duplicate content with negative effects.

directfuture, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  3. rahul.ryd

rahul.ryd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, everything would be different. But still owner will be same.

rahul.ryd, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  4. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    google could disapprove the product feed if it is going to find such in any products.

Atco_Maart, Oct 21, 2010 IP