1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Base: Bulk Upload: RSS2.0: Content is not allowed in prolog

Discussion in 'Google' started by sarahk, Feb 10, 2006.

I've used PhpBase to create a bulk upload of my WordPress site and from what I can see the rss is just the way Google have requested it.
    However I get the error above. I removed all the channel info but still I get the error.

There's nothing in help, so can anyone tell me what the "prolog" is so that I can remove the content :)

You can see a small version of the feed here: http://sarahk.pcpropertymanager.com/phpbase/sarahk.php?show=1
    and the feedvalidate output here: http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http://sarahk.pcpropertymanager.com/phpbase/sarahk.php?show=1
    SEMrush
    thanks

sarahk, Feb 10, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. megri

megri Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is good tool for site indexing

megri, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A prolog error is a good tool for site indexing?

sarahk, Feb 11, 2006 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    OK, I got it sorted. The syntax they supply in their own FAQ is wrong :( not what you expect from Google!

I'm now having issues because even though I specify the author all the articles show up as being written by me, rather than submitted by me. Now my ego is flattered but it's crazy to specify information and then have it totally ignored.

Anybody else used a bulkupload tool and had that problem?

sarahk, Feb 16, 2006 IP
  5. webmasterjunkie

webmasterjunkie Member

Best Answers:
    sarahk,

You said you got it sorted. Mind if I ask how you did so. I am also using PhpBase and am running into the same problem.

I know it's the ftp function in the script, but can't seem to knock it down.

webmasterjunkie, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I created my own RSS2 schema and that caused problems. I was pointed to the phpBase CVS site and found the version there. It constructs the first few lines of the schema significantly differently but it's obviously right because it goes through!!!

Only outstanding issue is that the author setting isn't respected. [more]

sarahk, Mar 6, 2006 IP