1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Bans Advertisements for Essay Writing Services

Discussion in 'Google' started by skibladner, May 22, 2007.

1. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That will never happen, Ebay is a good customer for Google :)

BigBadWolf, May 28, 2007 IP
  2. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, unfortunately it almost seems like eBay is their best customer.

Forrest, May 28, 2007 IP
  3. fedarik

fedarik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google bans essay writing adverts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/6680457.stm

"Google is to ban adverts for essay writing services - following claims that plagiarism is threatening the integrity of university degrees."

"There have been complaints from universities about students being sold customised essays on the internet."

"From next month, Google will no longer take adverts from companies which sell essays and dissertations - and the internet company has written to advertisers to tell them about the policy."

"Google's forthcoming ban on adverts for "academic paper-writing services and the sale of pre-written essays, theses, and dissertations" means that essay websites join a blacklist of "unacceptable content" including adverts for weapons, prostitution, drugs, tobacco, fake documents and "miracle cures"."

"The move has been applauded by universities which have struggled with the problem of students dishonestly submitting material copied from the internet."

"The universities organisation says that in particular there have been difficulties with essays bought by students from companies which sell tailor-made answers, where fees can be up to £5,000 for a single piece of extended work.
    There have been reports of up to 12,000 essays being sold to students in a year, says Universities UK."

fedarik, May 30, 2007 IP
  4. greggomatic76

greggomatic76 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is awesome, I have always dislike those sites...hooray google!

greggomatic76, May 31, 2007 IP
  5. TerryB

TerryB Peon

Best Answers:
    one wonders when we will see google vs the freedom of information act ...

TerryB, May 31, 2007 IP
  6. fedarik

fedarik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Paper presentations and Research Paper submissions are assignments to students as the part of there curriculam, need a good research to submit them and eventually that will increase the research capabilities ,domain knowledge.

you can imagine what happens if students get an easy provision to get readymade essays, they dont even research for a topic name for the presentation.

Google only banned the adwords advertisement related to essay writing service and readymade essays, but that only can make a small impact.

no, its not like that .. they are black marketers and i dont think they are conveying a good message to the community.

fedarik, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  7. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    If (and when) this happens, depending on where Google stands, I'm going to bust my behind to make sure to go after Google if they are on the wrong side of this issue.

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  8. YourSiteKindaBlows

YourSiteKindaBlows Peon

Best Answers:
    Premise 1. Students plagiarize papers on all academic levels.
    Premise 2. Universities complain about it (I presume to Google or Google feels responsible in some way that it does this).
    Premise 3. Paper writing service banned by Google
    Conclusion This move will stop or make people think twice about plagiarism or do something positive to make students write their own term papers.

This is correct, but not necessarily so and by correct I'm giving Google the benefit of the doubt although they never give it to anyone.

The logic is faulty because there is no way this move by Google will prevent or stop plagiarism.

Logically, this move will only prevent advertisements from appearing on Google.

Prove me wrong, I dare you!

Google didn't loan me zh!t for school.
    Google is not paying for my education.
    My degrees do not and will never say Google.

Why on Earth do this?

YourSiteKindaBlows, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  9. four27pm

four27pm Banned

Best Answers:
    four27pm, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  10. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    YourSiteKindOfBlows,

Maybe Google's banning these types of ads won't make the problem go away, but at least Google won't be profiting from this type of cheating.

KLB, Jun 1, 2007 IP
  11. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Probably when they manage to bring Walt Disney back to life.

Putting aside the issue of government censorship of important policy-related documents being what the freedom of information act deals with - and we can both agree that Google does not equal the US Government - do you really see a connection between freedom of information and paid advertisements? To me that's like the proverbial fish and bicycle.

But I understand it's really popular to criticize anything Google does. Which is suckier: Vista, or Google being successful?

To anyone who suggests Google is the government of the internet, try cloaking your content and robbing a bank, and then let us know how the penalties compare?

Forrest, Jun 2, 2007 IP
  12. deepakrajput

deepakrajput Member

Best Answers:
    I think its not SEO related question.

deepakrajput, Sep 4, 2015 IP