1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google banning people - What's going on?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by super_kid, Jul 8, 2005.

This is the question that I bet many people are asking themselves.

What is going on lately? How come so many people are being wrongfully booted? Is there a way to prevent getting in trouble with Google for things you didn't even do?

About the repeated clicking issue, isn't there a way Google could simply block or ignore these multiple clicks? If not, technically you could put anyone in trouble, couldn't you? And likewise, ANYONE could put you in hot waters.

I don't know about you guys, but I am very concerned about this matter :confused:

super_kid, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    How can you be sure about the "wrongfully booted" part?

I don't think Google just pulls the plug so easily

fryman, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  3. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow, from lots of the stories I read on here, that we are not getting the whole story. I think many of them have a lot more to them that is not being told. Making the google the enemy is easy to do.

lorien1973, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  4. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    I have heard a lots of people got booted from adsense in early days, but now Google has imoroved its click fraud detection, and doesn`t ban publishers that easily.

With Y! also announcing a share in the market too, things have easened out for publishers too.

nandini, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  5. super_kid

super_kid Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I guess you guys are right.

But then again, if these people know they did something wrong, what's the point of asking for help?! It serves no purpose to lie to us, doesn't it? If you consider that, it appears to me that they are being honest about not knowing WHY they got booted.

Just a thought. :)

super_kid, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I still don't understand why they insist on posting it all over the place... who is going to be able to help them?

And then people start giving out dumb advice like "go sign up with your brother's name" and stuff like that..

fryman, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  7. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that it has happened to several people who didn't deserve it. I'm sure that it also happened to a lot of people who did deserve it. Google absolutely needs to have a buzz out there that perpetrating fraud against google and their advertisers can result in dismissal from their program and a potentially large income loss for site owners.

The market exists now for fraud detection systems and the first to come up with a solid mechanism that can protect you from a loss of your google income stands to make some money.

nevetS, Jul 8, 2005 IP
  8. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think its the same thing as asking "why was my site banned" when you know you have hidden text, doing illegal things, keyword stuffing etc. Some people can't face that their actions caused the outcome.

lorien1973, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:

Well one thing about having a site banned, is you get no warnings. I've been told by G that some of my sites were inappropriate, remove the ads asap. So I got a warning. Some sites I fixed, and then added the ads back, and others I was told were too close to being against the TOS so no. The term 'related' is very broad. But.... My point is G has been kind enough to tell me if a site was inappropriate, but the stories about being "banned from AS" is being told they had no warning.

Even with warning, how do you prevent others from committing click fraud on your site?

Mishmash of ideas in my mind, so bare with me.

tom

TommyD, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  10. dannyz

dannyz Guest

Best Answers:
    iive never heard of anyone being banned and i sure havent b4 :s

dannyz, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  11. DreamingEagle

DreamingEagle Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't been banned, but I did once put up a "Be Sure to Visit the Sites Below" row in a table above the ads, and they caught that in one week flat...:)

Regarding the issue of someone ruining your party with Adsense by going to your site and spam clicking the ads, wow, I never even thought about that, but they probably could hurt you that way....

DreamingEagle, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  12. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    i have recieved probably 6 warnings on from adsense that I have violated there tos... some were small things like I had typhos on keywords (which is just my bad spelling =P) and some others were for things like having ads on pages with no other content like registration and under construction.

I have always fixed the problems fast and they have responded fast. Maybe I am just lucky.

Shoemoney, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  13. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    I too have received warnings (long time ago), fixed the issues and all was OK.

TooHappy, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  14. GStar

GStar Peon

Best Answers:
    if you are running some serious websites with lots of impressions than google won't ban you so easily how its often mentionend here ...

i think G has no problems to ban the so called beginners with nearly no content or any sense except adsense on their sites !?

GStar, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  15. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well yeah... Their TOS say you can't make sites FOR AdSense specifically, so I would expect people doing that to be kicked out.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  16. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    seems like thats pretty subjective though

I had some photo gallery sites I made just becasue I like designing sites, plus I used to give myself free backlinks from them

Eventally I added adsense to them,

So people could view them as adsense sites, some of them I added other affialtes so guess they can't be called "specifically" for adsense anymore

ferret77, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  17. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people are makin too big of a fuss about this banning thing, I mean as long as you stick to the TOS, and not flaunt too much about it, the you're ok. I don't think this hype is gonna turn out too well.

exaro, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  18. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone can and many have been banned for fraud clicking. (invalid click activity)

Someone say in china can find any site that has adsense on it, sit for an hour and constantly click your adsense, if you have say by them 200 fraudulant clicks, this person visits your site again 2 hours later and does it again, and tells a couple of his internet chat buddies to do the same, now in the same day you have 800 fraudulant clicks....... from what I read this can get you banned easily.

And someone can do it from any country, simply use an 'anomizer' to surf and do it, theres no real log for em to even see who you truly were, and google does'nt go after the clickers anyway, that don't even belong to adsense, and some kid in China is not going to worry anyway.

The point I have always had and still do is, any of us can be banned easily by someone fake clicking a lot in one of our sites adsense links, and there is nothing we can do about it.

It doesn't matter if our site(s) are or always were 100% TOS complient.

bluegill_catcher, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  19. Darrin Ward

Darrin Ward Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shaking things up is in Googles best interest for more than 1 reason. It keeps things looking fresh - but more that that - the website owners that seek stability will then be forced to pay for it ie. AdWords (at least that's what I'm told the plan is).

They appear to have been very careful with the placement of AdSense sites too. They don't seem to want them to be ranking unfavorably since it would tarnish their image.

Darrin Ward, Jul 9, 2005 IP
  20. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    This is one of the biggest myths there are. Your telling me google can do this incredible statistic and tracking system, search algorithms, and everything else but they cant tell that 1 person is clicking a ad several times in china? or through a proxy?

please... use some common sense.

Shoemoney, Jul 9, 2005 IP