1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Backlink Search using the Google API in PHP

Discussion in 'Google API' started by ProductivePC, Jul 13, 2004.

I am looking to do something similar to what digitalpoint already offers... and I am not sure where to even begin.... can someone point me in the right direction.... Instead of using google in the backend for searching my own website, I would like to use google with the google API to perform a function in php that is currently available on the google website. I want to be able to look at backlinks but from the tools on my website.

So essentially I would like to be able to type into a type box on my php page link:www.mywebsite.com and have it return to me the results on that php page.....

Where would I start, is this a hard task, is there something out there that has the source code that I can modify to suit my needs and look. I would prefer this to be done in PHP....

Thanks for any help

Wayne

ProductivePC, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First, get the developer kit...

http://www.google.com/apis/

There are also some nusoap example for the Google API (it may require that you recompile PHP with soap extensions installed though).

That is the hardest part (getting soap installed on PHP), but if you have that, the rest is easy.

digitalpoint, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The nuSoap one that I use with my Google API is pretty easy to install and use.

Help Desk, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  4. ProductivePC

ProductivePC Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I was looking to do..... wow.... I knew that had to be out there.. you are awesome..... wow...... what a timesaver....

I figured step 1 was to make it so that I could I could return the link:www.worldfamousgiftbaskets.net
    The next step is to figure out how add the page rank to it...
    The next step would be to sort by page rank
    The last step would be to be able to return the results from ALL of the search engines such as yahoo, overture, google, etc etc etc and all of the main ones.

on yours is there a way to display 100 or per page and sort by page rank?

I would like to also add the same option that http://www.seo-guy.com/seo-tools/google-pr.php has on his website of being able to search page depth and being able to return the page rank.... above a certain amount so I don't return the results of the PR1 and PR2's etc etc etc...

Are you working on anything like this?

If you are not planning on working on anything like the mentioned above can we work out a deal for the source of what you have already done? This way I am not remaking the wheel

Wayne

ProductivePC, Jul 14, 2004 IP
  5. ryanturner.com

ryanturner.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I know its not with the API - but you can get PR without the API while your browsing the web - right there on your screen. All you need is FireFox and the extension below. Its great for visiting google and checking the PR of lists of sites.. or watching the PR leak through your site - right from your OWN menus. Its pretty fast too.

rtmasspr - page rank firefox extension

Check it out...

ryanturner.com, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  6. Catfish

Catfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Since the link: command in Google is flawed, what's the point? It would be more meaning ful if you did it for the Yahoo results and put page rank to those.

Catfish, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  7. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    If you have a look at Marketleap they extract the link data from around 6 search engines. I would be quite interested in knowing how to extract the data from the other search engines as well. Any ideas?

Weirfire, Feb 4, 2005 IP
  8. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firefox all the way! And then Opera when firefox decides to die every now and again *Wich is does when your surfing the internet 24/7 like me :D*

Jasonb, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  9. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    What I want to know is what exactly did you edit from your post? Is Wich German?

Weirfire, Nov 10, 2006 IP
  10. elusid

elusid Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think you have to recompile php/apache to play with the google search api at least I never had to unless someone can correct me on this....

elusid, May 30, 2007 IP