1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google+ Authorship

Discussion in 'Microdata' started by justdukeit23, Mar 19, 2013.

Hey guys!

I just heard that when writing guest blogs and content for your website, that it is almost a necessity to have a google+ account to establish authorship of that post. Do many of you feel the same way? I am just trying to see if it would be beneficial to my blogs to start linking to my google+ account? Thanks for your help!!!

Justdukeit23

justdukeit23, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  2. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Today Google authorship is very important to inform Google that you are genuine author of your posts or articles in case of any copying or duplicacy of your content.

devjeetsingh, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  3. justdukeit23

justdukeit23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's what I thought, I just wanted to hear it from someone besides the person who told me! Thank you!!!!

justdukeit23, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  4. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

:)

devjeetsingh, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  5. sameer_max

sameer_max Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes the person points it correctly.. To avoid duplicacy having google+ authorship would be advisable.. now a days social media signals also a part of search engine rankings..,

sameer_max, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  6. somendra

somendra Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is beneficial to you to have a google+ account to establish authorship of your post when writing guest blogs and content for your website. Google authorship helps google search engine to know who is genuine author of the blogs and contents. When visitors search keywords related to your posts or articles then your genuine name and your genuine picture will show beside your blog posts or articles in the Google SERPS. By doing this google will give you credit for your genuine works. Activating google authorship involves few easy stepshttp://www.wpintegration.com/blog/w...mportant-and-how-to-attain-it-via-authorsure/

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    somendra, Mar 19, 2013 IP
  7. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well said! :) This is true. I suppose Google is trying to do away with anonymity in the internet. I think on the whole it is good, because this helps curb plagiarism and stolen/duplicate content issues.

Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 20, 2013 IP
  8. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice information and useful links for all of us..

afoley77, Mar 20, 2013 IP