1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Authorship Giving Credit to Wrong People!

Discussion in 'Microdata' started by YMC, Jun 9, 2013.

Wrote an article about writing. It has several quotations from the mystery writer Stephen King. There's a link to his book on Amazon. The Amazon utility I used inserted "by Stephen King" underneath the book title.

Google Authorship doesn't give credit to me for my own work. Heck, they don't even give credit to the mystery writer. No. They give credit to some guy from the Australia with the name Stephen King.

Apparently, this guy registered to claim "by Stephen King" for himself and content containing that phrase is now being attributed to himself - at least that appears to be what's happening with my article.

What the heck kinda mess is that?

I've reported it via the report link but hold little help of anything changing.
    SEMrush
    Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to regain authorship, at least according to Google?

YMC, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Arup Ghosh

Arup Ghosh Member

Best Answers:
    Well once I've faced the same problem . You should check the link with Google RichSnippest tool (http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets) if everything is ok there, the authorship data will be fixed by Google after few days.

Arup Ghosh, Jun 9, 2013 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  3. alistair80

alistair80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    insane!! nice to see you, michelle. it's been ages!!

alistair80, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did some more research...this has been going on since at least last fall. Apparently, they still haven't figured out a way to fix this.

One person reported being able to game the authorship and make it look as if someone famous actually wrote their article.

And, apparently signing up for Google+ and trying to claim the piece may or may not fix anything.

At least if the Stephen King I am actually referring to was credited I might get some traffic. sigh.

YMC, Jun 10, 2013 IP