1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google API ?

Discussion in 'Google API' started by rwhetsto, Nov 17, 2004.

I am having trouble getting the number of pages for a particular domain to come up properly using the Google API. For the query I use "site:www.yourdomain.com" and I look at the estimatedTotalResultsCount output.

If I put in the query "link:www.yourdomain.com" and look at the estimatedTotalResultsCount output it gives the correct number of links, but it is not working for the number of pages. The result changes for each url, but it is not correct.

Doe anyone have any ideas of what could be going on?

rwhetsto, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Nov 17, 2004 IP
  3. rwhetsto

rwhetsto Peon

Best Answers:
    Huh, that's interesting. I actually thought of that and tried it for this query:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=site:www.fantasyfootballjungle.com&btnG=Search

You can't view anything past 446, (841 if you include the omitted results) but the API gives 1310 back. With these results I thought I disproved that idea.

But your example shows what I was hoping to see when I did that test.

Can you think of any reason it would show 1310 from the API for my example?

rwhetsto, Nov 17, 2004 IP