1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google API for contacts

Discussion in 'Google API' started by Jarno Lavikonmäki, May 7, 2013.

hi

when writing PC apps where I am reading contacts from my gmail account.

Is it really the way that I first need to get the authorization code, then copy it from browser window manually to my application then switch code to token and then start reading contacts?

With Windows Live API you can just get the token and do the things needed?

Jarno Lavikonmäki, May 7, 2013 IP
  2. Jarno Lavikonmäki

Jarno Lavikonmäki Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi ,

Is there really no any kind of answer for this, or was the question unclear?

so what I would like to do is to get the access token in my Pc WIndows Application ( C++ / Qt , using rest API ) without need for copy pasting access code from the QWebView based view where the code is . ANd then to switch code to access token

In WIndows Live SDK; there is a separate call uri which can be used for desktop applications and in that case access token is queried directly.

I have checked the google api sample applications as well but also those are ( in my opinion ) having the same problem ?

or is it somehow related to google API Console where application ID 's etc. are configured ? I have created "installed application" type there

Br. Jarno

Jarno Lavikonmäki, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  3. inzoo

inzoo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What's a SOAP API Key?

inzoo, Aug 8, 2013 IP