1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Announces Massive Algorithm Change

Discussion in 'Google' started by mwasif84, Feb 24, 2011.

1. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like a good plan if it is executed well enough. Who doesn't want more legit quality results? Hopefully they get it fine tuned a bit, and do away with as much of the copy paste or scraped crap as they can. Would also be nice if they could demote some of the made for adsense sites that have little or no value. I get so tired of 2 sentences of content and all kinds of ads all around it. Bump those sites down to page 3-5+

gameutopia, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  2. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    It looks like it, but squidoo seems to be just fine.

DanAbbamont, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  3. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why do you think that is?

ForgottenCreature, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  4. MrSandMan

MrSandMan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My crappy autoblog increased in traffic 40% while my hand written, high quality blog decreased 50% yesterday. Hopefully this is just a Google dance.

MrSandMan, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  5. DanAbbamont

DanAbbamont Guest

Best Answers:
    I haven't got a clue yet, but it's something to think about. You would think they'd be similar.

DanAbbamont, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  6. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why would it be a Dance?

ForgottenCreature, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  7. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    I am trying to stay optimistic. Losing 50% of traffic on my high quality blog is heartbreaking. I worked so hard on it for the past 3.5 years. I publish unique high quality content to it one time a day 6 days a week for the last 3.5 yrs...

I refuse to believe that Google is classifying my blog as a low quality website.

8. nasul

nasul Peon

Best Answers:
    No change for me. I rank the same.

nasul, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  9. pjman

pjman Active Member

Best Answers:
    They will have to make a ton of tweaks before these rankings settle. All niches are seeing crazy movement. I have 30 niches (general) that I monitor, all 30 niches have 6-7 new players on page one now. That's a lot more than 12.4% of searches affected.

I honestly reviewed three totally unrelated niches between Canada and US results. Of those, many competitors that had quality stuff are gone from the top 3 pages. I would say the new algo. adds 3 new players on page 1 that don't deserve to be in the top 50 quality-wise. They really botched this algo. change.

pjman, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  10. MrSandMan

Best Answers:
    I've written some articles for ezine (and other article directories) to help establish my website. I don't care if those articles take a hit in Google, but I can't figure out why my website has taken a hit.

My website is an authority blog with 100% high quality unique content. The only duplicate content I have is from manufacture official press releases... I might publish a new press release once per month, other than that, the content is 100% unique. My backlinks come from other blogs, natural forums posts, some youtube, article directories, some old link directories from like 4 years ago, blog comments, profile links... so pretty diverse.

I did some research on a couple of my blog posts that were getting high traffic, and found some crappy amazon/ebay scrape wordpress blogs stealing my content without giving any link backs. Maybe that's how Google is updating, by punishing the original author of stolen content?

11. seosapien

seosapien Peon

Best Answers:
    Having the exact same issue... our low quality doorway sites with low quality contents/links are rising in the SERPS, one of our main sites with unique content (constantly featured and linked to from other big sites) has disappeared! GOOGLE FAILS ONCE AGAIN!

I guess it is time to start buying bulk domains, hire low quality content writers and buy massive forums links... lol... Black hatters apparently always win! All the "one page sites" with forum and comments links are getting better results than high quality sites in the niche we are currently working on.

The only positive change I've seen is the removal of some OBVIOUS parasite hosting websites... but that should have been fixed 4 years ago!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    seosapien, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  12. donker

donker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm just starting out so my rank can't get any worse, but srsly you guys, just adapt I suppose?

donker, Feb 25, 2011 IP
  13. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think webmasters who update their site with original and unique contents need to worry. It is a step in the right direction and google has taken the initiative to implement it, although a little bit late. A well deserved punishment to content farms and the likes...

dairyman, Feb 25, 2011 IP