1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and the recovery of a domaine name... ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by ozzeo, Jul 21, 2007.

Hello,

I'm onwner of an "old" domaine name, create in 2003. This domaine name From 2003 to 2005, there are few pages under this domaine name (10 pages), indexed by google without problem. This domain name contains keywords important for my sphere of activity.

Since 2005, there isn't any pages, nothing under this domaine name (no redirections, no homepage etc.)

I want to know which will be the reaction of Google if I remake pages under this domain name. Is a this real advantage for me?

Thanks for your answer :)

ozzeo, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  2. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go ahead and use it...I don't see any problems...it will really benefit you if the new pages are related to the old ones

oseymour, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  3. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    I lost the domain ValhallaPhotos.com when my host, who was also my registrar, started charging me for things I didn't order, and I wouldn't pay. They put a lock on it, it finally expired, and I bought it through a more reputable host. Now it 301s to my current site.

Although it's about 5 years old, had acquired a bit of PR before I knew the first thing about SEO, and has links to it in some articles I was asked to write for other peoples' sites, whois shows it as a newly registered domain. For me, the benefits are two: people who click those old links will get to my site, although they'll probably land on my 404 page; and somebody didn't snatch it up for the links and serve up ads on it.

Forrest, Jul 21, 2007 IP
  4. FairyOfLove

FairyOfLove Banned

Best Answers:
    I have also been a victim of domain lost.
    Someone Payed me from fake paypal and took my high end domain name for $ 400

And later on paypal took the money back and i was lost in vain :(

FairyOfLove, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  5. oseymour

Best Answers:
    I would make a custome 404 page that includes a search box for your current site and links to the major sections of your site.....anything to try and keep these visitors

oseymour, Jul 22, 2007 IP
  6. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nothing gonna happen much just your domain will look like adroped domain if somebody check your history, which might not be good in some people point of view. (they wont trust your PR)

tradeya, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  7. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice, and if I was able to give the same user positive reputation without having to give 10 other people in between, you would have already got more of it out of me.

Forrest, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  8. oseymour

Best Answers:
    Thanks....its the thought that counts :D

oseymour, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  9. seospider

seospider Peon

Best Answers:
    well I would suggest to go ahead with the domain. I think is much better than going with a new domain. Just work at it the way you would with a new domain but here you might get something called age advantage ;)

seospider, Jul 25, 2007 IP
  10. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll get anyone who follows one of the old links to the domain, for starters. If you can fancy up your 404 page, as SEO Ranter suggested, that's worth a lot more than PageRank.

Forrest, Jul 25, 2007 IP