1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and new keywords on well ranked sites

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by gayc, Jan 22, 2006.

Hi everyone

Could I have your opinion on how google deals with new pages and keywords.

My sites are well ranked and google visits every day. I've added pages with border site wides links that have been ranked within 3 or 4 days yet others no sign after 2 or 3 weeks.

Should I look to google timing on this or question the pages efficiency?

Since they have not entered google at all yet, although other totally different pages, older, do rank for the same or similar key phrases, I wondering if it's just time or google deciding not to list those pages.

Your opinions would be welcome as a general discussion - I don't expect you analyse my site <grin>

Thanks, Gay

gayc, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  2. Kat2

Kat2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm new to Google's sitemap program, but I had pages on my sitemap not listing at all for a few weeks and others listed immediately. In my experience it helps if you have a few links from one of your cached or ranked pages to your noncached pages, and don't have robots.txt, and meta tags that indicate following links.

Kat2, Jan 22, 2006 IP