1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google and Changing WebHost

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Gede, Oct 25, 2005.

I am about to move a site form one host to another, for various reasons, on of them is space and another is that I used to register sites with the same hoster, and a lot of my (now) critical sites now have the same IP address or are in the same IP range..

I wonder if anyone here has done the same and experienced ranking problems or improvements with Google after the move?

Thanks...

Gede, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  2. Dyeeo

Dyeeo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am doing the same thing and would also like to know.

Dyeeo, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  3. Avatar

Best Answers:
    I can't immagine that the IP adress realy matters, its the domain name isn't it?
    + even if you close your whole site down, it will still show up on google results.

check
    http://www.google.ch/search?hl=de&q=supercharmed&meta=

The one at the top used to be my website, i've closed it several months ago.

4. Umbertide

Umbertide Peon

Best Answers:
    yes it does matter! IP address is used to work out where your site is in the world and many sites fall foul of having a local domain which is hosted elsewhere. for example .co.uk sites which opt for cheap hosting server that reside in the US - this is a big no no.

also it does matter if you are not around when the spiders come knocking. Avatar, you must be the exception i think. There have been some good posts on this forum about the best ways to move your host.

Umbertide, Oct 25, 2005 IP
  5. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    joeychgo, Oct 25, 2005 IP