1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics verification in Webmaster Tools

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by mrmiller23, Jul 30, 2014.

I'm confused. As far as I can tell, my site m.mysite.edu is in Webmaster Tools and verified using the associated Google Analytics account.

Yet in some areas I'm seeing where it's not the two accounts that are tied together rather, the GA account just verified me as site owner of m.mysite.edu. Is there a difference?

Ultimately what I'm trying to do is get Google CSE up and running but can't seem to upload a sitemap.xml or even submit individual URLs. It seems I need to verify the site in Google Analytics (which I thought I did.)

Google Anatlyics has shown organic search traffic plummeting since launching the redesigned m.mysite.edu about 10 days ago. Something's up and I can't figure out what it is...

mrmiller23, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  2. mrmiller23

mrmiller23 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Semi-update...

Per Google Enterprise Support: the site owner account (NOT admins with apparently full rights) has to be the one to submit the sitemap.xml file and to have the site verified between Google Webmaster Tools and Google Custom Search Engine. We just had that done this morning. Now it's a matter of keeping an eye on things while Google does their indexing...

mrmiller23, Jul 31, 2014 IP