1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics Stopped Working on WordPress Site | Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Monks, May 2, 2008.

Out of no where, one of my WordPress blogs went from a couple hundred of visitors a day to 1 and then to zero. I know there was just an update, but my page rank remains the same and it is still ranking for the same 'keywords' in the SERPs and it is not showing any errors when I check Google Webmaster Tools. I am also still getting comments despite the fact that the analytics are showing no visitors.

While investigating the problem, I replaced the old Urchin Script with the new script they had on my account (today). I'll wait 24hrs to see if that fixes the problem.

Has anyone else had any experience with Google Analytics 'breaking' for no reason? I really think these things are usually user error, but I didn't make any updates to the templates over the past couple days, so I am at a bit of a loss.

If you want to check out the code here is the site: http://www.ca2pr.com

Monks, May 2, 2008 IP
  2. saqistation

saqistation Peon

Best Answers:
    same problem with me.

saqistation, May 10, 2008 IP
  3. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did get my analytics working again. All I did was replace the old code with some new code provided to me in the admin panel, and within 24hrs my stats were back up.

I can't blame this one on google (it would be much easier though), I think I must have messed up the code working on the site...somehow. Have you messed with the code on your site anywhere?

Monks, May 10, 2008 IP
  4. dev102

dev102 Peon

Best Answers:
    it happened to me once before while i was redesigning my theme. Check here http://validator.w3.org/ that you XHTML is valid. sometimes all kinds of scripts stop working when the HTML is invalid.

dev102, May 12, 2008 IP
  5. sodertalje

sodertalje Peon

Best Answers:
    It could also be meesed up by altering/changing your template... It all depends on where the code is placed though.

sodertalje, May 18, 2008 IP
  6. Monks

Monks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had the code placed right before the </body> tag. I haven't had this problem with any other sites, so i am going to chalk this one up to user error. I must have messed up the JS somehow. All good now!

Monks, May 18, 2008 IP
  7. dev102

dev102 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend moving the code to the footer of the page to make the page load faster

dev102, May 18, 2008 IP