1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics scripts on development

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by mnn888, Jan 31, 2008.

I leave the google analytics code in while developing and was wondering if it should be taken out and how it affects the reports.
    Thanks

mnn888, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  2. sheldy

sheldy Banned

Best Answers:
    sometimes my google analytics doesn't count the real unique visitors. coz im using statscounter and google analytics...

all i can say all traffic analyzer is not perfect. there will be a dis advantage in using it.

sheldy, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  3. walkere

walkere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Analytics relies on javascript, so you won't get an entirely accurate count. It also ignores most (all?) bots that visit your site, which can skew the numbers from those that other stats program report.

I always leave the Google Analytics code in. As long as you have a filter set up to ignore your IP address, there's no reason to bother taking it out. However, if you don't filter your own IP address, you may see a large spike in pageviews while you're editing... =)

- Walkere

walkere, Feb 8, 2008 IP