1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics reason enough to abandon cPanel and it's AWstats?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by kiplarson, Apr 4, 2007.

I'm thinking about moving hosts and the os that comes with cPanel and subsequently AWstats costs extra, so I'm wondering if Google Analytics does enough to cover what AWstats does?

I'm just trying to avoid spending the extra money (although I do like the features cPanel has that aren't related to stats, I'm just trying to determine how good Google Analytics is in comparison to it.)

kiplarson, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  2. thetafferboy83

thetafferboy83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find Analytics to be more modest (and accurate) with visitor stats than AW ever was. Also easier to do things like tie into Adwords.

thetafferboy83, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  3. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    don't compromise on cPanel as you will also be loosing simple interface of phpmyadmin and some other nice tools. Think twice before compromising on cPanel. You can surely live without awstat though.

poseidon, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  4. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    awstats is free.

Cpanel is an administrative interface, thats why you pay for it. You have to question how good you are to install things like, apache, php, mysql update the linux operating system etc.

Pierce

Pierce, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  5. kiplarson

kiplarson Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm not lol. Good at any of those things.

I should have phrased my post more towards the google analytics vs awstats sort of thing.

But thanks for the info, I'm going to probably stay with cPanel and then look at both Google Analytics and AWstats.

kiplarson, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. WiredTree Zac

WiredTree Zac Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is good advice. You need to take into consideration that if you don't have cPanel you are going to have to set up a lot of things manually and that may cost you much more in time spent working on getting things set up.

WiredTree Zac, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  7. Louis11

Louis11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One thing I noticed is that Awstats and Analytics tend to differ, sometimes significantly.

I tend to prefer Analytics, as it's easy to implement and allows you to easily track multiple websites. Not that Awstats can't, but I just tend to prefer Google's Analytics. I also feel like you get a more comprehensive understanding of your traffic but that might be my bias talking :)

And although Awstats might look good, Analytics looks much better and coincides with your other google services like Webmaster Tools, and Adwords.

Louis11, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  8. blue_angel

blue_angel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you go to compare 2 different things If you want statistic you can use many programs but for administration of server it's different DONT MIX THE THINGS

blue_angel, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  9. platinumn23

platinumn23 Member

Best Answers:
    I love Analytics... It has some very nice images that help everyone out including potential buyers of your site(s) :)

platinumn23, Apr 5, 2007 IP