1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics Question

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by pondlife, Jan 19, 2007.

Within the executive view you're given a pie chart called "Visits by New and Returning"

Mine is telling me that 86.95% of my visitors are first-timers and the remaining 13.5% are returning visitors.

Firstly can anyone tell me whether this is good or bad?

Secondly, how many visitors do they include in this? is it just the last 100 or so IP addresses that they collect?

Thanks, p.

pondlife, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  2. Turnkey Websites

Turnkey Websites Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the more returning visitors you have, the better, this will show how "sticky" your website is.
    how many visitors? I guess all. in the upper corner, it will tell you what i the time period measured, from when to when.

Turnkey Websites, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  3. frankcow

frankcow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The number of visitors included is all of the visitors within the specified time range

frankcow, Jan 19, 2007 IP
  4. sudoku

sudoku Peon

Best Answers:
    If your account is new, I believe you'll get all your visitors counted as "first time". After all, if you have just installed the code, Google has never seen them visit before. Give it a month or two, then restrict the range you're looking at to the most recent week, and you'll get a more realistic estimate of new/returning.

sudoku, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  5. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this guys - I didn't actually notice the date span in the top corner (I blame it being a light color on a light background but it could be that my eyesight is fading ;) )

I love the world map - I get excited everytime I get a visit from a new country - I must get out more ;)

Cheers, p.

pondlife, Jan 24, 2007 IP