1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google analytics profile - not yet up on auctions

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by maildeepak, Dec 28, 2005.

just was comparing the launch of google analytics with that of gmail that was launched 2 yrs. back.....

when gmail was invitation only....people were selling invitations over ebay and other auctions....

but the same is not happening for google analytical profiles......y ???

r people thinking of paying too much for a profile which they would have got for free ? but even gmail was for free (by invitation).....

what do u say guys..????

;)
    ;)

ok...the reason i started this topic is i have 2 profiles with me which i am not using now.....atleast someone cud use it....but...no selling of profiles yet ...:confused:

maildeepak, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  2. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i think e-mail accounts are just used more. everyone in this world has an e-mail account so it could just be a matter of way more demand.

i didn't even know you needed an invite for analytics since i already have an account.

vprp, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  3. maildeepak

maildeepak Peon

Best Answers:
    no....one doesn't need an invite to join analytics....but signups for analytics has been stopped temporarily as everyone knows....

what i am trying to say is...those who are having an account in analytics can have 5 profiles.....but what if that person is using only one....and the remaining 4 are waste for that person.....he can easily auction it off for someone who wants one desperately.....

as far as i have read in many forums...i haven't seen many people feeling sad that they r not able to get into analytics prog. does that mean the 15 mins. of fame for google analytics is over ?

maildeepak, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  4. tstaut

tstaut Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's over, just delayed... although Google really started off on the wrong foot with this one.

Just so you know, if you view the source code on your Analytics page you can add up to 50 profiles, not just 5....

But I wouldn't let others see my analytics information, and you'd pretty much have to open your sites up to a complete stranger if you sold profiles.

tstaut, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  5. tennisadam

tennisadam Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah - the big difference between selling a gmail invite and a google analytics profile, is that the profiles are all controlled from the same login... with gmail, that person you are inviting is creating their own login and you can't get into their email to read it, and they can't get into yours.

tennisadam, Dec 28, 2005 IP
  6. dkoffler

dkoffler Peon

Best Answers:
    I am interested in purchasing a Google Analytics invitation if anyone wants to part with one. Please e-mail me at dkoffler@gmail.com

dkoffler, Jan 14, 2006 IP