1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics Problem

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by guy500, May 22, 2016.

Hi

I am new to web design, and have just built 2 new websites - a traditional website and a blog - both on Wordpress. (I think this is the best section for this - if not, please let me know and I will post it in a more appropriate one).

I have a serious problem with Google Analytics. I have successfully set up and verified both sites on the Google Console, and they both show up on Google Analytics. However, one of them shows only spam and no real traffic.

Here is a photo of the Google Analytics Dashboard - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51552937/Google.png. I am talking about the last 2 sites - guyshahar.co.uk and transformingautism.co.uk. (The one at the top is my own site that I just use myself, not for public use)

They were both showing some spam, so I used the instructions on this site - https://www.ohow.co/ultimate-guide-to-removing-irrelevant-traffic-in-google-analytics/ - to exclude the spam.

It has worked fine for the transformingautism.co.uk site, which now seems to be reporting accurately, but made little difference to the guyshahar.co.uk. This was, and still is, showing only spam (sudden spikes of 20-30 visits with a 100% bounce rate), but is not showing any genuine visits (I know there are some, due to people telling me, and due to traffic on the transformingautism site showing as having been referred from this site). This site has recently been launched and I would really like to be able to track visits to it. Google Console is showing that it is verified to me, and the tracking code shows there and in Google Analytics.

One interesting thing is that before adding any filters in Google Analytics, I copied the unfiltered view to create a backup view called "Unfiltered". But for all 3 sites, this showed unexpected results. It cut out ALL traffic for my personal website and for guyshahar.co.uk and the vast majority for transformingautism.co.uk.

I am new to all of this, so it is very possible that I am just not understanding how to do this right. Any help (geared to a novice) would be really appreciated, as it's so frustrating to be spending so much time on this with so little results.

Thank you

Guy

guy500, May 22, 2016 IP
  2. Wajid Ahmed Ghouri

Wajid Ahmed Ghouri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My new website also has same stats. as new website gets lots of bounce rate. check the following in your website
    dummy pages, ,
    website load speed
    • Images Size
    • css minification
    • javascript size
    • check your server response time
    Try to optimize above factors

Wajid Ahmed Ghouri, May 23, 2016 IP