1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

google analytics.. not sure anymore

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by klown, Aug 1, 2006.

I'm not too sure about google analytics anymore.. it seems to be giving me false data.

It show i'm getting 30% of my traffic from google organic searches and yet my site doesnt rank in the top 50 for a list of 500 keyword phrases.. The list is very well thought out and has been running with adwords for a while.

Anyhow this seems like a problem..

I have a second site which also seems to be getting a abnormally large amount of traffic from google organic searches, though i guess this is possible since it does rank top 10 for a few good keywords..

I think that google counts adwords and other advertising as organic. It will only stop counting adwords as organic if you tie adwords in to analytics.

klown, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  2. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Try auto tagging your Adwords Keywords. This will seperate organic and PPC traffic.

Adwords doesnt have to link in to Analytics. I do it for a range of clients.

ewan, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    hm, auto-tagging is on.

klown, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  4. lpxxfaintxx

lpxxfaintxx Peon

Best Answers:
    What is organic searches?

lpxxfaintxx, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  5. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    normal searches.. just going to google and typing in a query. The non paid sections are organic.

klown, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  6. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking at the Campaign Conversion report, and it says that all the visits from the (organic)? if so drill down (using the + button) and you will see exactly which keywords generated the traffic to your site.

ewan, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  7. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    done that, i get tons of "organic traffic" from the keyword health.. which my site has no chance of ranking for. Its just saying google adwords is organic traffic, seems that it should at least show referral instead of organic.

klown, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  8. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    if organic is up, is the adwords traffic down?

I have had this experience before, where Analytics places all the adwords traffic into the Organic traffic. and i had next to nothing coming from my Adwords Campaigns, despite the actual report from Adwords.

If this is the case, email Google Analytics Support :(

ewan, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  9. klown

klown Peon

Best Answers:
    seems thats the case. hard to believe google makes mistakes like this with their own ads!

Anyhow, hopefully the start giving more goals soon, i could really use them.

klown, Aug 1, 2006 IP