1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics % New Visits within what time frame??

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by seobrien, Oct 5, 2007.

Can anyone clarify exactly what that measures? Over what time frame is that percentage? I first assumed it was within the time frame set for the report: If looking at one week's data, that would be the percent of new visitors in that week - with the inverse being the percentage of repeat visitors within the week.

If my % new visits number is 75%
    In that week 75% of the audience is new and 25% came back more than once.

But the math doesn't work if that's the case. When I expand the range the % repeat visits should increase as a greater number of users could return within a wider range of time. 1 month should look something more like 60% new and 40% repeat (some don't repeat within a week but would within 2 or 4).

I've noticed though that the % new visits number stays exactly the same though regardless of the range. As though it is just reporting for today (or historically, that day). If so, what's the range Google uses to determine if a visitor is repeat?

seobrien, Oct 5, 2007 IP
  2. oldmonk

oldmonk Peon

Best Answers:
    in default situation, the cookie of google anlaytic campaign tracking module will be expired after 6 month. maybe time frame of new visit is 6 month.

oldmonk, Oct 7, 2007 IP